Blood Work

BrittA

Hi,

I had one question about starting CR. I was curious as to how everyone asked their doctor to do the bloodwork on them. I was thinking about going to an online lab and just ordering the tests myself to avoid having to ask my physician about it. The Tier 2 stuff is actually rather cheap but the Tier 3 is where I find myself wondering if I should print out the list and take advantage of the (so far) free lab tests that my insurance allows.

A little information on me: I've played with the idea of doing CR for several years. I'm approaching 30 so, as a birthday present to myself, I started a predominately raw food diet to lose weight. After a few weeks on it I started logging my calories and I'm usually between 800-1200. I figured I might as well aim for Optimal Nutrition and consulted a few websites then talked to a nutritionist. I had blood work drawn back in November for lethargy (Mono, I had mono... at 29) so, based on those values, and my BMR, she cleared me for a diet on the condition that I eat over 1000 calories up to 1300.

Is there a good website for blood work? What's the best way to bring this up with my PCP? I wasn't really fond of the nutritionist so I'd rather not establish a relationship with her.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

From now thru' Monday (the 28th), WalkIn Lab has a 20%off Black Friday sale on all lab tests, using the code SAVEMORE20%. (Don't be distracted by the November sale specific to diabetes, or other discounts: they can't be combined with the Black Friday sale, so plugging in those codes will lose you the across-the-board 20% off). Requisitions are good for several months, so pick them up now if you want to get labs anytime this winter (including eg. your 25(OH)-vitamin D3).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived