Looking for CR buddies

Jane Doe

Hi,

I'm new to these forums and would like to introduce myself. I am in my mid-thirties and had been overweight for most of my life until 5 or 6 years ago. I lost 90 pounds over the course of 18 months through healthy eating and gradual calorie restriction (though I didn't call it that at the time). Over the last 2 years, I have maintained a weight about 20 pounds higher than my lowest weight; part of the weight gain was muscle mass and part of it was from just eating more (which was fine with me). As my life has become busier and more stressful and over the last 6 months, I have gained 5 more pounds, so I want to re-establish the joyful, disciplined eating I enjoyed 4 years ago and lose about 10 pounds. 

I'm looking for "CR buddies" who, like me, need regular reminders that what we are doing is just good, common sense and nothing extreme or dangerous. I need regular reminders that the moments of discomfort and inconvenience are ultimately worth it. 

Please respond or private message me if you are interested in being in touch on a regular basis. 

Please also respond or private message me if you know of a better place to post this message. 

Thanks so much and have a great day,

Jane  

Jane,

I need to lose what you have lost.  As an RN who has tried it ALL. I believe in Calorie Restriction. I have recently lost 20 pounds. I too am looking for a support group! I don't know that I am the right person... I am a motivational speaker and consultant now in Healthcare. I am 48 and committed to taking off 100 pounds.  I would love to talk if you have interest! 

• 1 month later...
Guest Horsekisses1

HI Jane,

I would happily be your buddy, as I am new to this site and looking for support as well. I am 49 years old and going through the first stages of menopause which seems to be causing a steady weight gain. I am up 10# from my usual weight...6 of those pounds added during the past 6 months. I have been exercising and eating less, but still the scale is rising. I am not sure what to do anymore and feeling a bit desperate. I welcome any support I can get.

Cheryl

• 4 weeks later...

Cheryl,

Yes, menopause and even perimenopause make it even harder to reach the same goal but it is possible. I am in a very similar situation. I would be happy to add to mutual support. 

Linda

Jane- Congratulations on your success. Yes, you just need not to go it alone. I'm happy to be here for you too.  Linda

I suggest that we each come back to this LOOKING FOR CR Buddies site every day if possible and share our challenges, give each other support and cheer each other on to success! 

New buddies seeing our support chat are welcome to participate. The bigger our support team the better I say! 

I am just finishing a vacation and have of course water outside of my normal regimen. I am starting a 3 day cleanse today to take 3 to 5 pounds off right away so that I can feel healthy again. I loved trying the local food but I do not like tho heavy feeling after gaining 5 pounds. I need all of your support through the healthy cleanse. For me that means lots of vegetables. I do not do many fruits because of the sugar content. 

I will check back every day , once a day, to support those of you who choose to participate. We can all live a happier, healthier and leaner life! 

Linda

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Felix Tam

I read Roy Walford's book years ago but never followed through. I lost about 30 lbs. this past year under a diet doctor's supervision. Although I was never really that much overweight I'm now older and am more concerned about health issues. It would be good to exchange ideas and experience through this forum.

Felix,

Toronto, Ontario.

Hey Felix Tam,  

Glad to hear that you're getting interested in CR again.  I've found a big improvement in my life from implementing a CRON diet.  For me one of the biggest benefits is that I no longer worry so much about heart disease, cancer or diabetes.  I have confidence that I've pretty much minimized the risks. Exercise is now a pleasure and recovery time is very much improved.  I hope you can have the same or better.

Cheers and Happy Holidays.

Well Folks, we are near the end of the year and time to make that New Year's resolution.  Initiating a CR lifestyle is a good one and though people often have trouble sticking to diets, making it personal resolution can be the needed motivation.  I quit cigarettes on a New Year resolution in 1985.

I hate to see this particular thread die out and I hope those who have already contributed return and give updates or seek advice.

Bob Cavanaugh

CR Society, Chair

• 5 months later...
Guest Horsekisses1

Hello everyone (particularly Linda)!

I was without a home internet connection since early December (long story) so never saw the responses to my post to Jane. I am back once again and still looking for support buddies. I have not been following the CR diet per say, but a high vegan raw food diet. I will have to do some catch up reading in the meantime. I plan to begin the CR plan tomorrow.

Cheryl

Horsekisses1

Guest Horsekisses1

I am starting the CR program today (two weeks before my 50th birthday - I want to lose a few pounds before then). I purchased the kindle version of THE LONGEVITY DIET last night and plan to track my food consumption with Cronometer. I welcome anyone who cares to join me.

Cheryl

Archived