Welcome to the CR Practice Room

admin

• 1 month later...

http://www.mprize.org/blogs/ April's CR diary is a good place to start as she often posts recipes on her blog. You may also want to search for recipe in the CRSociety archives too.

Tim, Can you create a spot on the site where people can post recipes with nutrition profiles, pictures and free form text?

Edited by keithsct

Tim, Can you create a spot on the site where people can post recipes with nutrition profiles, pictures and free form text?

The blogging feature might be the easiest way to start that. It is possible to attach files and insert images. If we had someone who wanted to start posting recipes, it would be trivial to setup.

The blogging feature might be the easiest way to start that. It is possible to attach files and insert images. If we had someone who wanted to start posting recipes, it would be trivial to setup.

The ability to create a blog functionality doesn't seem to be enabled. Can you see if you can make it appear?

Edited by keithsct

Hello all! It has been a while since I have logged into this site. There used to be a link at the top that would take you to some pages that had some basic recipes. Did you change your website? I really liked those links. It had some of a little of everything there. I do have the books, but I prefer to find the recipes on my computer.

Also, any advice on how to practice this lifestyle while living with others who are not, i.e. grandchildren?

Thanks,

Theresa

• 2 months later...

http://www.mprize.org/blogs/ April's CR diary is a good place to start as she often posts recipes on her blog. You may also want to search for recipe in the CRSociety archives too.

That link doesn't appear to be working any longer. I too would love to find an easy reference for recipes as I find that it's one of the hardest things to find when searching about CR.

Thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bob Cavanaugh

The Recipes were housed in our CR WIKI that was seldom used. A lot of non-CR recipes would get posted and had to be deleted and them the spammers moved in and totally trashed the WIKI that was seldom used....so we junked the whole thing. I think I wrote half the recipes that were posted there. Tim also had a web site that he hosted recipes on prior to when the WIKI was created. He trashed that when the WIKI that was seldom used went live.

• 3 months later...

Hi I'm new to the forum. Last 5+ years Ive been following a vegan diet (I do eat honey) with 2+ of those years following a raw vegan diet. My plan is to live for as long as I can while avoiding degenerative diseases. I love to work out, and eat... This will be a new experiment for me. Is there a place on this site to log my progress??

Thanks,

SAR

• 9 months later...

I've noticed long-term CR people are using their email accounts to continue posting their conversations by email to 2 email-lists rather than over here.

For those not aware or new to this website/forum there are two longstanding email lists where most of the research data is still posted on a daily basis. You should read those lists to gain access to the giant knowledge base accumulated there, which is vastly superior to what can be learned here in 2013. You can still post to both those lists by email but not directly online as you can here using this Forum Setup. You must subscribe by email & verify to do that.

Link: Two Primary CR Lists Here

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself. I am new to the CR Society as of today.  I am 49,  5"4 and feel best at 114, BMI of 19. I can consume 1000 calories a day and lose but only 1200 to maintain. Period. I exercise every day and I never adjust calorie intake based on exercise. It is already factored in for me. Staying trim takes more discipline each passing year it seems.   I  joined the CR Society today because I want to have the support of other like minded individuals with the same health focused goal where food consumption is concerned. My Dad died of Cancer and my Mother's side from Heart disease. I am wellness focused. I want to proactively decrease my risk factors by eating a nutritionally sound diet, 360 days of the year. (yes, 5 days of holiday or birthday cheating) I am a Whole Foods and Farmer's Market buyer to ensure organically fresh food products. 

I invite any member of this CR Society who wants to support and be supported with this personal healthy eating goal to reach out so we can do this together. It is NOT easy to make good food choices every meal of every day. We need to stick together. I am glad I found this organization. Please be in touch if you are interested in more of a one on one or group support process. 

Linda

• 4 weeks later...

There is a CR Recipe Forum for those who want to start sharing personal recipes with the group.  Also, if you are a Supporting Member, you have access to the old CR Society Newsletters "CR Insider".  I posted several recipes in the news letters. 

If you are following CR remember to periodically run your daily diet through some software to get a feel for how healthy your diet actually is.  You may be surprised by nutrient deficiencies.  A good free program many use in the Society is CRON-O-Meter.  Google it for the free download.  It was created by an CR enthusiast and Michael Rae has been a mojor contributor toward refinng the program over the years.

The Society is soon to have a free APP available to paid members for Apple and Android portable devices.

Bob Cavanaugh

CR Society, Chair

• 4 months later...
Guest Rodney

I would like to see some clarification about where serious health issues that are not directly related to CR Practice, CR Science and Theory, CR recipes nor Chitchat should be posted - or should they not be posted at CRSociety?    ...............

For example, exercise may be very important if only we can get someone to do a study on the issue that is relevant to people with BMIs below 21.  But a discussion of exercise does not seem to fit under any of the above headings - Exercise is not CR Science, nor CR Practice, nor CR Recipes.  And it doesn't seem to fit as Chitchat either if a journal paper on the issue is the topic.  So where should it go?

How about fish oil?  Where, if anywhere, should discussions of fish oil take place?  Again, fish oil is not CR, nor Chitchat. 

Do we need a new forum heading for, perhaps: "Health issues not directly related to CR?".  Or do we perhaps need several new forums? (fora?)  How about forums for 'Food characteristics'; 'Exercise'; 'Disease-avoidance issues';   .........  to cover all the many things, not directly related to the restriction of calories, that we try to employ in our lives - in addition to restriction of calories - in our efforts to improve our health and longevity?

Or do we just place them all in the CR Practice category, or Chitchat, where, I believe, they really do not belong?

FWIW.

Rodney.

I would like to see some clarification about where serious health issues that are not directly related to CR Practice, CR Science and Theory, CR recipes nor Chitchat should be posted - or should they not be posted at CRSociety?    ...............

Two possibilities:

"The Chitchat Room is for open discussion."  So that would be fine for all topics.

You could also post in the Member's Only forum ("this Community forum is for issues of general interest").

If you need to register and are having difficulty with the confirmation email or otherwise, send me an email timc[a t]crsociety.org.  You could drop me a PM here, but you need to be registered for that.

WRT more forums, if threads are started so fast that they drop off the first page of the index in a day or so, then maybe more topical division is required, otherwise it could just be bothersome (IMO).