Caffeine

Guest kaypeeoh

Guest kaypeeoh

I'm on day-8 of a modified fast. For dinner I mix one scoop of protein powder into one cup of almond milk. The rest of the day I fast. I have a 30-year addiction to caffeine. Every year I try to quit but it's a week of hell: miserable headaches that no medication will help, stuporous tiredness, sleeping through lunch hour, going to bed at 7PM. A few days ago I wasn't trying but realized I wasn't finishing that first cup of morning coffee. Normally I have 3 or 4 mugs before heading to work. It's impossible that I'm not suffering caffeine withdrawal. Normally I drink an entire pot each day. Can someone offer a theory why I'm not going through withdrawal? This alone could keep me doing CR for life.

kaypeeoh

Guest kaypeeoh

Yesterday I ended the 15-day fast. I hadn't planned it but a client who had retired to Arizona send me a bag of dates. By day's end half the bag was gone. Then for dinner I scarfed half a box of saltine crackers. Now this morning I have two chancres on my gum. I seem to get them when I eat simple carbs. I'm restarting the fast.

kpo

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself. I am new to the CR Society as of today.  I am 49,  5"4 and feel best at 114, BMI of 19. I can consume 1000 calories a day and lose but only 1200 to maintain. Period. I exercise every day and I never adjust calorie intake based on exercise. It is already factored in for me. Staying trim takes more discipline each passing year it seems.   I  joined the CR Society today because I want to have the support of other like minded individuals with the same health focused goal where food consumption is concerned. My Dad died of Cancer and my Mother's side from Heart disease. I am wellness focused. I want to proactively decrease my risk factors by eating a nutritionally sound diet, 360 days of the year. (yes, 5 days of holiday or birthday cheating) I am a Whole Foods and Farmer's Market buyer to ensure organically fresh food products. 

I invite any member of this CR Society who wants to support and be supported with this personal healthy eating goal to reach out so we can do this together. It is NOT easy to make good food choices every meal of every day. We need to stick together. I am glad I found this organization. Please be in touch if you are interested in more of a one on one or group support process. 

Linda

Archived