CR Holiday Party Next Saturday!

Paul McGlothin

All,

For years we have held CR holiday parties in the New York area. We welcome members of the CR Society and of LivingTheCRWay, as well as folks who are just introducing themselves to CR. Sometimes the get-togethers are at the CR Way Longevity Center. Other times we meet at a CR-friendly restaurant. This year, Andy’s Pure Food in Rye, New York, is the overwhelming favorite location. The delicious food Andy serves is perfect for CR folk. You can read more about it here.

We will meet on Saturday, December 28, at 10:30 for brunch. Andy’s is a quick (45-minute) Metro-North ride from Grand Central Terminal and is easily accessible from the surrounding area. MapQuest.com, Google Maps will help if you need directions.

Holidays get-togethers are especially important for CR newcomers. Often, well-meaning family and friends put pressure on new CR folks – lose weight, gain weight, eat this, not that – you know the drill. Sometimes holidays can be lonely too, and people feel the need to eat to take their blues away. If you feel that way, it’s all the more reason to come to this warm, friendly gathering of like-minded people.

Another motivation to come is to hear about all the new, exciting things that are happening in CR life: optimizing your microbiomes, new ideas for better eyesight, easier ways to recover from muscle strain, focusing on stem cell health and replacement. What a lot to talk about!

So hop a train, grab a car, whatever you need to do, and make sure to RSVP to let us know you’ll be there on the 28th.

Looking forward to seeing you,

Paul & Meredith

• 11 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself. I am new to the CR Society as of today.  I am 49,  5"4 and feel best at 114, BMI of 19. I can consume 1000 calories a day and lose but only 1200 to maintain. Period. I exercise every day and I never adjust calorie intake based on exercise. It is already factored in for me. Staying trim takes more discipline each passing year it seems.   I  joined the CR Society today because I want to have the support of other like minded individuals with the same health focused goal where food consumption is concerned. My Dad died of Cancer and my Mother's side from Heart disease. I am wellness focused. I want to proactively decrease my risk factors by eating a nutritionally sound diet, 360 days of the year. (yes, 5 days of holiday or birthday cheating) I am a Whole Foods and Farmer's Market buyer to ensure organically fresh food products. 

I invite any member of this CR Society who wants to support and be supported with this personal healthy eating goal to reach out so we can do this together. It is NOT easy to make good food choices every meal of every day. We need to stick together. I am glad I found this organization. 

We can do this together!

Linda

Archived