Welcome to the CR Science and Theory Forum

Paul McGlothin

The CR Society has world leading scientists on its Scientific Advisory Council( SAC). You may find out more about the SAC and its membership here.

The purpose of the Science forum is for CR Society members to ask questions to our scientific advisers. We hope that this forum will encourage high quality dialogue that enriches all Society members and ultimately leads to more research projects that can be directly applied to humans. Questions should be courteous and directed towards the research areas pursued by the SAC members.

Your question will be moderated by me and the answer will be posted here in the Science forum.

Looking forward to your questions and comments.

Paul McGlothin

• 4 months later...

I'm interested in any URL offering a cogent analysis of the recent NIA study reported in Nature magazine.

Thank you, Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your interest in this important topic. I decided to develop it here:

http://www.crsociety.org/index.php?/topic/572-impact-of-caloric-restriction-on-health-and-survival-in-rhesus-monkeys-from-the-nia-study/

Paul

• 6 months later...

Are the two "recent years" CR email lists being permanently "deactivated" from posting directly online "there" anymore?

I've noticed people are using their email accounts to continue posting "the conversations" there rather than over here???

Will these different posting methods/locations, two email lists vs forum posting, transition, converge, and funnel down to final posting location(s) soon? Or, are there other plans in the making?

Allow "old list" email method & new forum setup to both continue to thrive/die on their own standing?

Edit: For those not aware or new to this website/forum there are two longstanding email lists where most of the research data is still posted on a daily basis. You should read those lists to gain access to the giant knowledge base accumulated there, which is vastly superior to what can be learned here in 2013. You can still post to both these lists by email but not directly. You must subscribe by email & verify to do that.

Link: Two Primary CR Lists Here

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sara,

Good to see you on this forum too.I likee this forum a lot because it allows easy access to many subjects and the comments made. I intend to keep posting here. As you pointed out, many people still prefer to use their email accounts to post. Others prefer to post in the Society's facebook community. The current plans are to allow all these forms of communications to coexist.

Paul

Are the two "recent years" CR email lists being permanently "deactivated" from posting directly online "there" anymore?

I've noticed people are using their email accounts to continue posting "the conversations" there rather than over here???

Will these different posting methods/locations, two email lists vs forum posting, transition, converge, and funnel down to final posting location(s) soon? Or, are there other plans in the making?

Allow "old list" email method & new forum setup to both continue to thrive/die on their own standing?

Edit: For those not aware or new to this website/forum there are two longstanding email lists where most of the research data is still posted on a daily basis. You should read those lists to gain access to the giant knowledge base accumulated there, which is vastly superior to what can be learned here in 2013. You can still post to both these lists by email but not directly. You must subscribe by email & verify to do that.

Link: Two Primary CR Lists Here

Archived