BCAA, Tryptofan etc

namalev

I have seen many different research papers about methionine tryptofan etc, and it seems that it seems to play an almost more important role than dietary restriction alone.

Anyone knows which amino acids that affects the insulie like growth factor the most and the least? Any type of list?

I assume that methionine is at the top...

Guest javi23andme@gmail.com

If according to my information the restriction of methionine should be accompanied by the restriction protein which is as important as calorie restriction, there is conflicting research on BCAA

If according to my information the restriction of methionine should be accompanied by the restriction protein which is as important as calorie restriction, there is conflicting research on BCAA

How much is protein restriction?

I have chosen to be moderate with proteins (0,8g/kg of bodyweight).

Yes, BCAA is a bit tricky. It does however seem as if it doesn't use the normal pathway for increasing muscle mass so I think it is safer to use BCAA if you restrict methionine and protein.

I supplement with lysine and BCAA and I use moderate amount of tryptophane and restrict methionine to under 1g per day.

To use distorded amino acid profiles can yield both good and bad consequences depending on what diet you are at. I don't know how BCAA supplementation blend with CR; but I am hoping for the best.

I think restricting some amino acids but adding amino acids might be the best combination. It is just tricky to find the golden recepie to be able to get the benefits of restriction but keeping musclemass and neuroprotection as far as possible.

Guest javi23andme@gmail.com

Well, I'm not a CR expert, but I think between 0.5/0.8 g per kg is sufficient with low level of glucose (HbA1c) 4/5

Archived