I've created this account for the following reasons:
- To be notified of new posts on this website so that I'm reminded on a regular basis of my intention of having a calorie restricted diet. I want to live the longest most disease free life my genetics will allow.
- I want to continue learning how best do CR, and glean information from savvy Society members who've already done lots of research on this topic. I found the research article Dean summarized on CR and minimizing sarcopenia interesting. I am in the process of reducing my body fat and increasing muscle mass some for the purpose of aesthetics, to be honest, and I will be keeping Dean's post strongly in mind.
- I think you're a really interesting group of people and I'm sure I'll gain some useful knowledge outside of CR from being a user of this website!
Thank-you to the CR Society and its members for all the work they've done up to this point!
I feel like sharing a list of my food and exercise habit goals are:
- Low-fat, CR vegan diet.
- Very regular aerobic exercise. I found Gretchen Reynolds' "The First Twenty Minutes" highly impactful.
- More strength training. Sort of following Mark Rippetoe's "Starting Strength."
- I've "rigged up" a standing desk for while I'm at the computer when at home. (It's just a side table stacked on top of a desk. I should get a treadmill and get a platform for it rigged up to set my laptop on.)
- Eating foods and spices that I've come to learn are nutrient/antioxidant dense.