Lacto-ovo vegetarian for 40 years. - vegan for 2+ years, with satisfactory results.
Presently back to lacto-ovo: pure vegan diet too restricted, too stressful for digestive system. Plant-based protein powders made me nauseous.
Current BMI 23
Height 170 cm = 5'7"
Present interest: pursuing healthspan and longevity, avoid chronical mTOR upregulation. Being physically fit and muscular within reason.
Present CR: rather a DR or dietary restriction:
- Moderation in animal protein.
- Calories optimization → just enough to keep present weight and eventually boost some muscle protein synthesis → weight increase governed by skeletal muscle mass
- Present average 2400 kCal per day
- Usual regime: prevalently plant-based, with animal protein (dairy products, non fat-lowfat, little eggs).
- Fresh fruit → heavy consumer
- Vegetables → heavy consumer
- Nuts & seeds, legumes, whole grain cereals→ regular consumer
- polyphenols, phytochemicals → avid consumer, especially (-) epipcatechins (from unprocessed cacao powder), secoiridoids from EVOO
- Special tools used → FMD or fast mimicking diet, every three months now.
- Supplements→ custom-tailored strategy
- Adaptogens→ presently none
- Cold exposure from fall to early spring: cold shower minimum 3 minutes at the start of the day. Intermittent exposure during the day, from a few minutes to a couple of hours; only air with minimum attire, no diving into the water
- Sun exposure from spring to fall: noon hours good for D3 production but heavy on the skin. Brief exposures preferable. On the beach, I have to apply sun protection.