New Guy Saying Hello

Guest Thomas

Guest Thomas

Hello everyone,

My name is Thomas. I'm 5'8" tall and at my heaviest was 206lbs. I'm now 170lbs, got to lose another 6lbs to get my BMI down to 25 and get out of the overweight category.

I started originally by just eating less as I was eating way too much of everything.

I've hit a bit of a plateau now, been stuck at this weight for a couple of months now.

I've just started trying to clean up my diet as I still eat too much junk food. I really have got to pretty much change most of diet.

At this stage I'm not trying to lose any more weight or cut any more calories although I suspect I might naturally drop some calories by switching to healthier foods.

Once I'm settled on eating healthier I want to start on reducing calories and get my BMI down to 22 as my next target.

Just wanted to say hello and ask if anyone has any advice.

Hello everyone,

My name is Thomas. I'm 5'8" tall and at my heaviest was 206lbs. I'm now 170lbs, got to lose another 6lbs to get my BMI down to 25 and get out of the overweight category.

I started originally by just eating less as I was eating way too much of everything.

I've hit a bit of a plateau now, been stuck at this weight for a couple of months now.

I've just started trying to clean up my diet as I still eat too much junk food. I really have got to pretty much change most of diet.

At this stage I'm not trying to lose any more weight or cut any more calories although I suspect I might naturally drop some calories by switching to healthier foods.

Once I'm settled on eating healthier I want to start on reducing calories and get my BMI down to 22 as my next target.

Just wanted to say hello and ask if anyone has any advice.

Hi Thomas. I had a similar experience when I used to weigh 203 and am now down to 160 lbs. It took me about 6 months on a CRON diet to drop the weight and I've kept it off for about 5 years now. Here are a few points that I think helped me do it.

1) Eat tons of vegetables. They're high in nutrients and low in calories. The best way to improve your diet is to crowd out the bad foods with good ones like veggies.

2) Eat a large variety of foods, but not too much from any one food. This allows you to get a wide variety of vitamins and minerals and eliminate any deficiencies. Your body can sense any deficiency and creates a powerful hunger signal. Eliminate the deficiency = eliminate the hunger.

3) Reduce the growth hormone that you consume in your diet. Eggs, milk and other dairy products are part of the reproductive cycle of other species and contain hormones that encourage your body to grow. Since you can't grow taller now, you instead grow wider if you consume them.

4) Weigh and record every bit of food and drink so you know what you're consuming. Knowledge is power. (hint cronometer.com)

5) Drink lots of water and tea. This will flush out all the accumulated toxins that were stored over the years in your fat cells that you are now depleting of fat. You'll feel much better and be more likely to exercise. Coffee is also a choice, but tea and water are preferred.

6) Do a little exercise each day. Physical movement causes the lymph to move in your body and the waste products in there need to be recycled and/or removed. Once again eliminating toxins contained in the lymph makes you feel better and become healthier. Minimum of 20 minutes of walking.

7) Keep busy with activities that don't require eating. If you don't think about food, or are away from your refrigerator, then you won't eat until proper meal times.

8) Plan and prepare your meals ahead of time and don't deviate from the plan. During the week I make 1750 calories in Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with two snacks of berries and a salad. Often this will be all of my calories for the day and I won't be hungry. You'll likely have a different target number of calories.

9) Go to bed early and don't consume calories near bed time. I rarely eat anything past 7:30 pm. You won't be cheating on your diet if you're in bed hopefully. Your body needs to focus on rebuilding tissues at night with the energy it has stored. If you force it to spend that energy digesting food, then your body won't be in it's best shape for the tasks that tomorrow will bring.

I hope that advice will help some. Cheers and come back soon and start a real CRON diet and feel what real permanent super-health feels like.

Guest Thomas

Hello. Thanks for all the advice :-)

I used to drink lots of coca cola I'mnow on coffee am and white tea pm.

I do try and eat fruits and veg but I could do with more variety. I tend to stick to salad stuff and carrots, broccoli and potatoes. Need more fruits and berries for sure.

I didn't know about the growth hormone, but I was thinking about trying rice milk.

I do an hours cycling a day commuting to and from work. Kids and diy keep me pretty active at the weekend.

I definitely snack when I'm bored and that is something I need to work on.

Im usually in bed before 10 as I get up early for work.

Thomas

Archived