Guest FrederickSebastian

Guest FrederickSebastian

Hi,

My name is Frederick Sebastian and this is my first post. I am just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with the "Master Cleanse" diet. It is a diet where you drink nothing but a lemonade made of Maple Syrup, Lemon Juice, and Cayenne Pepper for 10-40 days. I have done it once before (for 20 days) and had great results. I lost 20 lbs!

I am wondering if any one else has had positive results from this diet. I am starting the diet today for ten days and possibly extending it for up to 123 days (which would make my last day on the diet July 20th). I will be consuming only 800 calories per day, so this would make this like a cr diet. The only thing I'm worried about is not having enough vitamins in my system, which is why I decided to buy the multivitamin "Alive!" yesterday.

I am just looking for any tips/advice on going on such a diet that is dramatically low in calories. Is this unsafe? or will I be alright taking in only 800 calories per day? I noticed that in the mouse studies, the mice living on a 65% CR Diet lived the longest. Is it wise for a human to go on a 65% CR Diet. If so, why/why not?

Btw, the master cleanse can be found online at http://www.themastercleanse.org. Hope everyone is haveing a nice day.

Frederick  :) .

• 2 months later...
Guest amy100

Federick,

I have not personally tried that, I am undecided.  It's worth a shot and if you notice ill effects maybe changing it than. 123 days is a long time without protein through I would question that, maybe you could try something similar but where you take protein shakes? Just a thought, I would mainly be concerned if it was for myself with going without protein for so long. But I your looking for a cleanse protein might interfere, I would suggest if you are going to go without protein sticking to maybe no longer than 20 days like you did last time, but I could be wrong, I just think it seems risky to go so long without any protein and it seems like that is what you are talking about.

• 2 months later...

Yeah... I was worried about the protein myself... The only reason I wanted to go on it for so long is because I have been on it before for 20 days and felt terrific... I decided no to do the diet earlier in the year, but do the diet Sept 1-Sept 20 like I have done previously... I am so excited about it and can't wait till the day I start the diet!!!

:)

Archived