Owning a Pet

From time to time one sees reports that pet owners survive longer after, or are less likely to suffer a relapse from, various disease issues.

I recently decided to take advantage of this supposed phenomenon:

Rodney.

===============

"The unverified conventional wisdom is almost invariably mistaken."

post-4968-0-19072600-1451880635_thumb.jpg

She is a wonderful, ten pound, ~20-month old, mexican-rescued, Jack Russell, street dog named Paloma (dove in mexican).

She insists on sniffing every garbage bag in sight to check if it has a chicken bone or pork rib (prohibited items in dog CR!) inside it; wants to lick all over every human she has ever encountered; and is very cautious near dogs in pairs, no matter how small.  Her only draw-back is that if she thinks she detects the scent of prey she is gone, and very likely when she finally gives up chasing it, will not know how to find her way home.  So, fully-fenced dog parks are the only places I can afford to let her off leash.  I rather doubt she will ever get over the desire to chase prey.

Rodney. 

==========

"The unverified conventional wisdom is almost invariably mistaken."

I've read that living with dogs helps diversify the human gut microbiota but don't have a specific cite. Roofus is a 15 yo rescued Chinese Crested and Arthur is a 10 yo rescued Cockerdoodle. Between the 2 of them they have the IQ of a doorknob, but I love them.

post-7167-0-33857700-1451944950_thumb.jpg

Archived