Trovagene's ctDNA urine-based "Precision Cancer Monitoring"

A quick video re-cap of technology (May 2015):

BTW: Dunno if my prev. (original) message got thru (I get it as weird

attachment). Here it is again:

Haven't kept up with the list, so Al/others may have already posted on

this...

Watch the short video "How Trovagene PCM Works" here ...

More media stuff here:

Also, NPR TechNation Podcast has interview with Trovagene COO (starting 40:00):

Hopefully, the technology will scale down to a smartphone based personal

device.

Imagine, one day, checking for cancer every time you pee!

-Khurram

As far as relevance to CR ...  PCM results may serve as additional biomarkers (in addition to the tradit. panel or study panel (WUSTL)).

E.g., extra ctDNA found in urine of CRONie with no other sign of cancer may indicate body's CR-amplified anti-cancer effects are, indeed, present and  working.

I really hope Trovagene has got something here (i.e., instead of the typical venture capitalist hype). 

Khurram,

Great to hear from you! Thanks for posting about Trovagene. It looks like impressive technology. A simple urine test to detect many forms of cancer would be a huge advance.

Here is a conference poster (PDF) they presented on their work detecting progression of colon cancer from urine samples, a topic near and dear to me since my father-in-law was recently diagnosed with colon cancer. He got through the surgery fine and is now dreading the quarterly blood tests for cancer recurrence / metastasis - he really hates needles. It appears Trovagene's urine test was able to predict colon cancer progression (at least of a certain type) that matched well the results of the 'gold standard' (biopsy).

I really hope Trovagene has got something here (i.e., instead of the typical venture capitalist hype). 

Yes - hopefully they won't go the way of that other startup focused on quick and easy health tests via bodily fluids, Theranos, which we all had high hopes for but which seems to have crashed and burned, as we've discussed in this thread.

Haven't kept up with the list, so Al/others may have already posted on this..

On that note Khurram - as a veteran CR practitioners, would you mind sharing your reasons for not keeping up with the list? Just this morning I posted just this question (why don't more CR folks, esp. veterans, engage on these forums?). If you've got a couple moments to spare for your old friends, it would be great to get your perspective on the topic, either as a reply right here in this thread, or on this one where I posed the question, or in email directly to me, which I'll share or summarize.

Thanks!

--Dean

Archived