Transcending, or, if possible, fixing the flesh

Zeta

Meanwhile, when will we solve aging problems?

Shtira, answer: soon, I hope! Being checked for thyroid lump tomorrow, mysterious gut mass next week, have to have hernia surgery very soon, still have unsolved pancytopenia, still can't sleep.... All of this at least partly aging related. Enough is enough!

Thyroid: checked, and is fine!!

Hernia surgery: had it yesterday. Am recovering. Seems to have gone well.

Gut mass: ultrasound tomorrow (unless I cancel because it hurts too much to walk, or I forget to go to the apppointment because I'm too stoned on morphine).

Sleep: morphine is very effective.

All of this by way of noting: sure, modern medicine works pretty well, but the amount of time I spend dealing with these breakdowns is getting to be too much. upload me (or fix me) soon, please! Getting sick of this vehicle for my soul.

FAQ:

Q: Wait, you've been on CR for over 20 years!! Does this mean CR doesn't work?

A: No. (1) Given the state of my health when I started CR, I suspect CR may well have saved my life. But it has limits, limits that are particularly noticeable in someone starting behind the eightball. (I followed every lifestyle factor associated with bad health until the age of 29 aside from being sedentary.) (2) More importantly: the claim "CR works" is never meant in the sense of: "CR turns someone into an invincible immortal."

Zeta

Hernia surgery: had it yesterday. Am recovering. Seems to have gone well.

Seemed, but turned out to be problematic. Heading back to hospital for possible fourth (yes, fourth) surgery now.

Again, solve aging (and related) problems? Soon, I hope....

Edit. Update, 2016-02-28, 07:00 ET: Didn't need the fourth surgery. At home, on high dose of oxycodone. Might be gone for a while. Have bookmarked all the threads I need to return to.

Zeta

Archived