New member here!

umaru

Hi there!

I've been vegetarian since I was 5 years old, so I've always been interested in food, health, and longevity. My husband and are mostly vegan now. We have tried CR and intermittent fasting. Our chinchillas are currently on CR and are in advanced age (between 9-15 years old), so we've seen that CR works first hand.

I'm interested in learning more and meeting new friends.

Cheers!

Connie

Indeed! Chinchillas can live quite long! I've met a 27 year old chinchilla who was still running on his wheel despite having cataracts! :)

I'm excited to be a part of the CR forum! Thanks for welcoming me.

Connie

BTW, I love your signature quote! Does CR imply plant-based? or are there folks who practice CR who still eat animals?

Connie,

BTW, I love your signature quote! Does CR imply plant-based? or are there folks who practice CR who still eat animals?

Good question. I'm glad you asked. We did a survey a while back on the dietary habits of CR Society members. Here is the post with the results. Below is the graph that's most relevant to your question: 

post-7043-0-38276200-1441739479.jpg

As you can see, only about 25% of folks classified themselves as omnivores, and 45% classified themselves as (more or less) strict vegans. So it looks like nearly everyone eats a heavily plant-based diet, but with a good number also eating various animal products as well.

BTW, here are a few other polls that you and others might be interested in.

--Dean

• 2 weeks later...

Although i've been reading about CR for a few years I've just recently gotten it in me to get serious. I think this might normally happen after a major health event. For me the event resulted in having three brain surgeries last year. All is well now but it made me think about my health differently.

I now have my scale, the CRONOMETER app, some CR recipies, and a bucket of motivation. What I need is instruction. How do you get the stats to enter into the app? Am I going in the wrong direction?

Hi Vivacitas,

Welcome to the CR Forums!

It sounds like you are on the right track. What stats are you asking about for CRON-O-Meter? Your first want to entire your demographic info (height, weight, age, targets, etc) on the CRON-O-Meter profile page. Then you'll want to log the foods you eat on the Diary Page for a few days to see how many calories you're eating, and what if any nutrients you are regularly deficient in. Simply hit the "Add Food" button and search the database for what you just ate.

Hope this helps. If not, please feel free to clarify your question. We're here to help!

--Dean

Dean,

Thanks for the info! It's quite interesting. I guess it's not that surprising. BTW, I saw the Eat to Live Forever documentary you recommended in some other post I think. We enjoyed watching it!

Vivacitas, welcome!

Connie

Although i've been reading about CR for a few years I've just recently gotten it in me to get serious. I think this might normally happen after a major health event. For me the event resulted in having three brain surgeries last year. All is well now but it made me think about my health differently.

I now have my scale, the CRONOMETER app, some CR recipies, and a bucket of motivation. What I need is instruction. How do you get the stats to enter into the app? Am I going in the wrong direction?

Welcome, Vivicitas! One instruction idea is to keep it simple and enjoyable -- ease into the CR thing with slow grace but determination. Like you already have! Measuring and recording food is fun, it helps me a lot, especially during the first steps on the journey. The cronometer is really a gift to keep us motivated. And it has an inexpensive gold member option -- which gives more features and insight. Hey, good luck with your recovery, I send you healing vibes, may you heal with perfection.

Archived