Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health

Dear ALL,

I'll be going to Kripalu, in Stockbridge, MA, in the Berkshires, starting this Tuesday, June 21, leaving Friday, June 24.

Kripalu is the largest yoga resort in the Western Hemisphere.  Their meals are served buffet style, and are the most CR-friendly that I've seen anywhere.  They also have wonderful yoga classes at all levels (Beginner, Gentle, Intermediate and Vigorous -- I always do Intermediate yoga) -- one in the morning, ar 6:30AM, followed by their wonderful breakfast (I usually eat steamed vegetables for breakfast -- they have many cereals, egg dishes, etc., that I avoid at breakfast.  Sometimes, they have a tofu dish that I might eat.)  Then there are usually two nice sessions -- varying -- in the morning, that I follow by their wonderful lunch --which is interupted by the Kripalu Yoga dance, 12:00-1:00, finish lunch, then, probably, a 2 hour guided hike in the Berkshires, which should be lovely this time of year -- just as it is now here in Rochester, NY, where I live.  In the evening, I'll do their Intermediate yoga, go to dinner, and to some evening event (possibly kirtan) -- varying from day to day.

If you're there during the same time interval, please introduce yourself -- or, you can contact me directly using a private message -- or by posting to this thread.

:)xyz

--  Saul

• 2 months later...

Dear ALL,

I'll be going with my wife to the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health this Labor Day weekend -- arriving on Friday, 9/2, departing Monday, 9/5.

I'd welcome contact with any Forum members who might be going there for all or part of that time interval.

--  Saul

• 4 months later...

Hi ALL!

I'll be traveling to the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in West Stockbrige, MA tomorrow (Sunday, Jan 8, 2017), returning to Rochester, NY on Thursday or Friday, Jan 12 or 13 (depending whether I take the train or drive).  If I drive, I'll probably be at Kripalu in time for lunch tomorrow (in which case I'll be joining Mechanism and his wife for lunch).

It would be delightful to meet any CRONnies who'll be there as well.

-- Saul

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear ALL,

I'll be at the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, arriving around noon Sunday, June 18, and departing Friday afternoon, June 23.  Kripalu has very CR friendly meals; and the yoga is terrifiic.

I strongly recommend the facility, and I'd enjoy getting together with any fellow CRONnies that might be there at the same time.

--  Saul

• 3 months later...

Dear ALL,

I'll be at the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, together with my wife, on the first two days of the Labor Day weekend, arriving around noon Friday, September 1, and departing Sunday, September 3. Kripalu has very CR friendly meals; and the yoga is terrifiic.

I strongly recommend the facility, and I'd enjoy getting together with any fellow CRONnies that might be there.

-- Saul

• 11 months later...

Dear ALL,

My wife Maxine and I will be visiting the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, the weekend of August 10.  We'll be arriving around noon Friday, August 10, and departing Sunday, August 12. Kripalu has very CR friendly meals; and the yoga is terifiic.

They have three meals a day, buffet style, with mostly healthy, mostly vegan meals.  And there are morning and evening yoga classes -- Kripalu is the largest yoga resort in the Western hemisphere.

If any on you should be there at the same time, we'd love to get together for a meal (and/or yoga).

Maxine and I will be staying in the Shadowbrook building (the cheaper one), doing R&R  (IMO, the best -- and cheapest -- program). 

Also, on Sunday, free tickets will be given out in a classical music class in our program to a concert by the Boston Symphony in Tanglewood (Mahler's First Symphony).  We'll certainly be taking the short walk to Tanglewood for the concert. 

?

-- Saul

Edited by Saul

• 4 years later...

Dear ALL,

My wife and I will be staying at the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, in West Stockbridge, MA, arriving tomorrow, Monday, Dec. 26, returning home Thursday. Dec 29.   It's just East of the NYS border, and is a great place for both Yoga and food (meals are included, and are healthy and delicious -- there's a wide range of choices, most of them vegan).  It's been a while since I did yoga -- I'm sure I'll enjoy it.  My wife does yoga regularly.

If you should be at Kripalu during that time interval, be sure to look us up.

--  Saul