Saul

Thanks for this Dean. I love mice. They are totally neat creatures, but each year my wife freaks out in the fall cause they come into our basement and she calls an exterminator. This year I did some major sealing and hope that works but just to be sure I intend to use these and if I catch any release them in a new area.

Btw as I write this a fu----g fly is driving me crazy! It keeps buzzy around my room making that irritating sound. I have a swatter but the sucker won't land. Any suggestions, also I just hate flys! Spiders, ladybugs moths I won't kill even if there in my house, but flys irritate the heck out of me.

Mike,

Btw as I write this a fu----g fly is driving me crazy! It keeps buzzy around my room making that irritating sound. I have a swatter but the sucker won't land. Any suggestions?

We used to have a bug vacuum that my wife used for spiders and other slow-movers. But now-a-days my wife just calls me and I catch-and-release them with a paper towel, or just my fingers.

Regarding flies, I have three strategies:

1. If they happen to land nearby, I quickly sweep and close my hands a few inches above them, anticipating their leap as my hand approaches. I can often (~1 out of 3 times) catch them unharmed and release them outdoors.
  2. I open the glass door to the outside and close the screen door in the room the fly is located in (to prevent new flies from entering!). When the fly eventually lands on the screen, I gently but quickly close the glass door, trapping the fly between the screen and the glass. Then I go around and open the screen door (or slide it to the side) from the outside to release the fly.
  3. Worse comes to worst, I learn to live with the fly. Calm abiding.

Mosquitos in the house are even worse, since they bite and are attracted to your CO2. Fortunately here in Western PA we have virtually no mosquitos or any other biting insects.

--Dean

Huh Catching flys hey! Reminds me of my Dad. He was pretty good at it. As for chickens I think I'll pass on that. They would be sh---ing all over the place! Dean your spot on wrt the calm abiding. I actually thought of that as it was annoying me. I need to work on that. I can usually enter that state when all is the way I want it, but of course the point of Zazen etc. is to be there whenever. Not so easy for me.

Btw as I write this a fu----g fly is driving me crazy! It keeps buzzy around my room making that irritating sound. I have a swatter but the sucker won't land. Any suggestions, also I just hate flys! Spiders, ladybugs moths I won't kill even if there in my house, but flys irritate the heck out of me.

Suggestion number one: be grateful this fucker ain't fifty feet tall with a thirty foot wingspan or we'd be sweet crunchy dinner

https://youtu.be/mQEymyNRARA

Hi ALL!

Problem SOLVED!

I've just returned from my usual Thursday morning trip to the Rochester Public Market, returning the boxes that had some of the insect bodies in them, and showed it to the farmer that I buy from -- he immediately identified the "insects" -- they're not insects at all -- they're mouse shit! (This was immediately confirmed by several other produce people.)

In fact, there HAD been a mouse in our house that my cat hadn't caught, which mysteriously disappeared.

The produce people say: Put a mouse trap with peanut butter on it, against the wall where I usually store my tomatoes.

I'll do that -- and when the mouse is caught, I'll set another trap, to see if it catches any more mice.

Until I'm sure that all the mice are eliminated, I'll keep my tomatoes on the kitchen table, upstairs.

(I just bought a new just-picked 12lb box of the delicious tomatoes for $15 from the usual farmer; it's on the kitchen table. I'll eat some, and some salsa, before working out in on an Elliptical in my gym.)

:angry: ^_^ :)xyz

-- Saul

Personally, I think your stomach acid will kill that mouse poop, it might provide cheap calories, astonished looks when you feverishly argue the story, so I'd go ahead and try eating the mouse poop with flavorful and anti-inflammatory curry. Times do get lean, don't please google what lives in your eyelashes, and who does know anything at all about "lifespan extension" in humans so maybe you're onto a humble chemical component found in mouse poop that may indeed extend healthy lifespan?

http://forums.thebump.com/discussion/8151853/i-ate-mouse-poop-need-advice-please

Suggestion number one: be grateful this fucker ain't fifty feet tall with a thirty foot wingspan or we'd be sweet crunchy dinner

https://youtu.be/mQEymyNRARA

Suggestion number two: Humane Society: https://youtu.be/m4imMAujrac

Archived