Post a picture of what you just ate

drewab

Caitlin, ditto for myself, I'm very curious about the eating habits of other health-conscious people. I'll add more pics from my diet.

1 - fruit, nuts and vitamin K2-rich homemade cheese from kefir

post-7347-0-08748100-1490304343_thumb.jpg

2-Incredibly good-tasting oranges from the Etna region, Sicily. I can eat up to 2.2 pounds of these. I also eat the untreated skin (some of it)

post-7347-0-31209800-1490304417_thumb.jpg

3-Swiss chards steamed with little water. The stalks come in 3 colors: white, red, yellow.

post-7347-0-00911900-1490304493_thumb.jpg

4-Veggies, black beans and pumpernickel bread

post-7347-0-11556400-1490304586_thumb.jpg

5-Turmeric-laden steamed cauliflowers

post-7347-0-06799800-1490304635_thumb.jpg

6-garbanzo beans plus a local vegetable

post-7347-0-52656200-1490304676_thumb.jpg

7-black beans, usually a few tablespoonfuls mixed to vegetables 

post-7347-0-38399700-1490304717_thumb.jpg

Edited by mccoy

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Todd, you're right.  My take was that Gordo was showing us a collection of food from which his meal was taken -- not that he ate all of that. 

Also, I avoid sweet potatoes, as they're too starchy and high in calories.  Rarely, I eat part of a small raw blue organic Japanese sweet potato.  (I haven't done that for over a year.)

--  Saul

Haha, you guys are funny.  FYI: a relative sent me (by snail mail) an article about the oldest living person in the US who just recently died (114) and in the article it said she claimed that she ate a sweet potato per day (the long lived Okinawans also purportedly ate daily sweet potatoes).  This person sent me the article because she knew that I like sweet potatoes and I also eat them almost every day.  So I took that picture of my lunch to send back to her. 

I ate the below meal outside with no shirt on, 30F temperature the other day while getting sun exposure, hah!  Its 26F today and sunny, I may try to find what my limit actually is.  It's the wind that really gets me, no wind and its quite enjoyable.

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2865.jpg

Edited by Gordo

Interesting, I stumbled across this article today about a guy who analyzed his gut microbiome 600 times:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/31/former-apple-engineer-analyzes-microbiome-what-he-learned.html?__source=twitter|main&fbclid=IwAR2v541R03qo-I_3m76Qarm4EJLCx0pYn62wewEsYBneWoBVSeXd5wf7Vdk

He made an interesting connection between potatoes and great sleep!  I eat a sweet potato pretty much every day, and also sleep well, I wonder if there really is a connection, it says:

• Diet can have a big impact on Sprague's sleep. He noticed that when he ate potato starch, he was able to increase the amount of a microbe called bifidobacterium, an ingredient found in many commercial probiotics, in his gut. "I learned that this microbe likes to eat a particular kind of resistant starch in potatoes, so I'd drink it about 8 hours before sleep and tested myself," he explained. "I saw a bloom (of it), and sure enough, my sleep that night was amazing." He believes it increased his levels of melatonin, which induces sleep.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...