Post a picture of what you just ate

drewab

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Mechanism for the exhaustive and fascinating details, I like above all the name you chose for this unique regimen, the Spartan Diet, which is very appropriate. The level of discipline it requires is absolutely beyond average and you have rightly pointed out that it may come not without some risks for those who do not have a profound theoretical background of all details involved.

I reckon You'll be probably able to judge the results more objectively in 2-3 years, after a 5 year period has elapsed.

Thanks Mechanism!    Clearly,   a lot of thought went into the SFD,   and a lot of discipline mustered to carry out out.  Congratulations!  Молодец!   

I personally would love to read a book on the SFD to review all the scientific  rationales behind it  (even though there is little chance of me adopting it --but who knows?)

Edited by Sibiriak

• 1 month later...

On 5/26/2020 at 10:20 PM, Ron Put said:

OK, here is my Cronometer day.  No veggies to speak of, but just didn't feel like it today.  Tomorrow is another day.

Ron, I'm wondering how you are able to hit 1000+mg of calcium on that plan? It looks like a great dietary pattern! Today's supper was as follows:

• Steamed arugula, kale, and a whole beet. 
  • A random mix of whatever I had around - green lentils, kidney beans, corn, oats, brazil nuts, banana, zucchini, 4 berry mix, cherries, spice medley, turmeric, etc. These mixes have a habit of really hitting the spot! 
  • The calorie total for the meal was likely 700-800.

Three cheers for basic plant-based dishes!

IMG_3665.thumb.jpg.6bad65c6ad9ab9348cdbe1c9668f8a83.jpg

On 5/31/2020 at 8:12 PM, drewab said:

Ron, I'm wondering how you are able to hit 1000+mg of calcium on that plan? It looks like a great dietary pattern! Today's supper was as follows:

• Steamed arugula, kale, and a whole beet. 
  • A random mix of whatever I had around - green lentils, kidney beans, corn, oats, brazil nuts, banana, zucchini, 4 berry mix, cherries, spice medley, turmeric, etc. These mixes have a habit of really hitting the spot! 
  • The calorie total for the meal was likely 700-800.

This looks delicious!

As to calcium, I cheat :)  I take 333 mg of calcium supplement every day.

• 1 month later...

My second meal of the day today, for approximately 900 calories! Decently hungry after 60 min of mountain bike riding, chores around the house, and playing with my kids. 

Bowl on the left:

• From the garden - grand rapids lettuce, kale, beet greens, spinach, radish, chives, oregano, basil, chives, onion + Not from the garden - balsamic vinegar, banana (this is my version of the dressing, which I use regularly). I don't weigh anything as the quantity will vary depending on what's in my garden, but I'm certain it's 1 lb+ of fresh local/organic/just picked produce

Bowl on the right:

• Green lentils, mung beans, chia seeds, mango/pineapple/spinach (from frozen smoothy mix), goji berries, almond butter

IMG_3988.thumb.jpg.d463f9caf9b85b16784e115dcc93ee6c.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 10:31 PM, mccoy said:

This is some sort of homemade superbread: 50% whole grain wheat flour, 50% ground sunflower seeds. Exceedingly nourishing as per cronometer, exceedingly delicious, exceedingly satiating, not exceedingly glycemic.

I wouldn't trust myself with this... I'd inhale the whole loaf in a day :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

A typical meal for me below - the nuances can vary from day to day, but the overall 'jist' of the meal tends to be fairly similar. Gordo, your meal looks delicious and probably a little lower in calories than mine. 

1) Brussel sprouts, carrots, and red onion (the seasoning is black pepper, turmeric, garlic, basil, nutritional yeast, and balsamic vinegar)

2) Orange sweet potatoes, green lentils, raspberries, banana, raw cashews (sprinkled with a small amount of cinnamon)

Both of which we absolutely delicious and food that I never get tired of eating. 

IMG_7895.thumb.jpeg.79dd10493e47ac40ad0283d823e240b7.jpegIMG_7896.thumb.jpeg.c3501a16c1ca7b5a2a4db0f811269c21.jpeg

• 4 months later...