Todd Allen

Caloric restriction leads to browning of white adipose tissue through type 2 immune signaling

S. Fabbiano et al., “Caloric restriction leads to browning of white adipose tissue through type 2 immune signaling,” Cell Metabolism, doi:10.1016/j.cmet.2016.07.023, 2016

Sorry Todd,

I now realize your reference is to the second paper related to brown adipose tissue and thermogenesis from the latest issue of Cell Metabolism. It too is extremely interesting and  I'm planning to post about it tomorrow over on the cold exposure thread. I'll put a link here to that post tomorrow.

--Dean

Please delete if/once redundant.  I've only just  begun looking at the topic so I don't have a lot to contribute beyond interest.  I didn't see the paper discussed yet and look forward to seeing it discussed.

As promised, here is the post on the cold exposure thread reviewing the new study Todd posted above.

I highly recommend reading it, even for those folks who don't normally follow the cold exposure thread since it has important implications for all CR practitioners.

--Dean