Northeast get-together

BrianMDelaney

Hey gang,

Esp. for those of us who can't make it to Costa Rica, I'm wondering whether we can arrange a get-together sooner -- maybe several, each to make it easier for people in diff. regions to attend.

Here's what I can do:

- Meet in Boston or Providence or nearby anytime.

- Meet in Western Mass. or nearby most times, though I might want a couch or non-cold (i.e., camping) weather for an overnight.

- Possibly meet farther away, though I'd want to stay longer which makes scheduling trickier.

I'm not available Sept. 30 through Oct. 11.

Brian

Mechanism, thanks for the excellent suggestions! This weekend has already filled up for me with other things, but my schedule is so far otherwise open.

My initial thought was a meal, not a retreat, and I'm aware that some of our Massachusetts members are on a budget that would make Kripalu a difficult choice. But a longer event/get-together of some kind, one that would make the longer journey required for some of our NE members -- Dean, for ex., if we meet in Mass. -- would make more sense.

Let's see what others think, but if you come to Boston frequently, you and I could start things off just the two of us!

Best,

Brian

Hi Brian and Mechanism!

Brian, you wrote that:

some of our Massachusetts members are on a budget

However, in the study of many of us, done at CRONA at UCSF, the results showed that the we are, overall, of above average income.  So I don't think the cost of a few days at Kripalu would be a handicap to a NE get-together.  (Much cheaper than going to a CR Conference).

I vote for Kripalu!

Mon and Tues, Oct.17 and 18 are Fall Break at the university of Rochester, so I would enjoy going to Kripalu, arriving Fri, 10/14 departing Tues, Oct 18 -- or some subset thereof.  (You might want to go to the Kripalu website, to see what programs are available.  I always due R&R -- the cheapest, and most versatile.)

:)xyz

--  Saul

• 5 weeks later...

I'll be in the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, arriving Thursday, Nov. 3, departing Sunday, Nov. 6.  I'll be doing the R&R program -- so I'll do morning and evening yoga, go on guided hiking (probably for 2 hour afternoon hikes),  daily be present for the buffet meals, and probably do the Kripalu Yoga Dance (12-1:00).  Look me up if you'll be present during that period.

Also, my wife will be arriving the day before me, doing a program on "Food as Medicine", that will give her CME credit.

--  Saul

• 5 months later...

M, excellent that you can make it! I heard from someone offline coming up from Canton that she might be interested. Lowell would be a much longer drive for her (for me as well), so if it's the same to you (not sure precisely where you're coming from), let's tentatively aim for the Cambridge location. But I'm flexible. My only known geographic "pin" is a sleepover Saturday evening in Newton.

But if the weather's nice enough (25% chance, I'd venture), a picnic by the Charles might also be fun.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Well, in addition to Mechanism and me, there are now five others who have expressed interest in a Northeast/Boston get-together, but, all have pointed out that this coming weekend is a holiday weekend, and, for that reason, they can't make it.

I'm happy rescheduling for any of the coming weekends.

Mechanism, what do you think?

One person suggested May 6, which would work fine for me.

Brian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

M, thanks for keeping the dream alive!

Family circumstances (nothing life-or-death) have again intervened, and I will have to leave Massachusetts shortly, and will be gone for nearly all of the summer.

I encourage those in the Northeast to try to arrange a get-together. (And I think Michael Lustgarten would be interesting to talk to and would enjoy meeting other local CR practitioners.)

Brian

Archived