Going off sweets -- both artificial and natural

Saul

Dear ALL,

As many of you know, every morning I carefully brew a very large pot (ca. 360 ml) of Chinese white tea.  For many years, I've been sweetening my tea with Neotame, which is an extremely sweet artificial sweetener (about 18 times as sweet as sucralose).  All evidence points to Neotame as being a completely safe product -- not affecting the one's diet in any meaningful way. 

However, my tastes have been slowly evolving -- I've found myself using less and less Neotame in my tea -- and usually finding the sweet taste to be too intense.

A few days ago, I finally tried drinking my tea without any Neotame -- or sucralose, sugar or any other sweet substance.  I found it delicious -- and I've been enjoying it much better without the distortion and distraction of sweetness.  

However, after about a week of drinking my tea without sweetener -- I've returned to adding a VERY SMALL AMOUNT of Neotame to my tea.

I now enjoy, once again, my lightly Neotame sweetened tea with my morning 2lbs of Nappa cabbage for breakfast.

And I drink my tea throughout the day.

--  Saul

Dear ALL,

I've modified my previous post on this subject -- see above.  After a brief interval (and up to and including the present), I found that I DO like a VERY SMALL AMOUNT of Neotame, in both my tea and hot chocolate drink (the hot chocolate drink that I have most nights).

And I DO like clementines (but they ARE too sweet), and other fruits (in moderation, of course; most fruits are high in sugars, however much the glycemic effect might be blunted by fiber and/or fats).  A delicious fruit is the persimmon -- a little too high in calories and carbs, however.  They are in season right now.

My favorite fruits are those in the Nightshade family -- including bell peppers -- orange, yellow and red.

(I just purchased two boxes of hydroponic yellow and orange peppers from the Rochester Public Market, and am going to enjoy several just before exercising in my local gym for an hour).

:)xyz

--  Saul

Archived