Sign in to follow this  
mccoy

Cronometer results for the FMD

It's interesing to notice the bodyweight variation after the FMD. The weight has risen over the pre-FMD value and beyond in 17 days. It took 2 weeks to recoup the full pre-FMD value by eating a whole foods, plant-based diet without much restraint. My present BMI is 23.7, which includes an increase of both muscle mass and bodyfat. 

image.png.c3911c97c5d544adf9414c52a476ec8b.png

Edited by mccoy

I’ve done FMD and water fasts...I don’t even know how many time now, actually.  

The FMD macros tend to make me sick to my stomach. I prefer to just eat only the amount of cashews that fit into the max allowed calories and not try to make the rest up with veg.

I also prefer to do a water fast the first day instead of the gentle induction. I’m a lot less hungry.  

It seems the happiest of both worlds to me.  Ymmv  

If you might possibly be sick and just to know you’re infected...don’t do it. It really does clear out your immune system pretty aggressively, as I’ve discovered to my chagrin. 

Fasting softened an ice pick chickenpox scar I’ve had since I was a little kid. It sounds crackpot like but it’s true.  I didn’t realize that people claimed it helped scars until after I looked it up following what I noticed. 

It improves my allergies for weeks and even my sporadic adult acne.

It seems to reduce visceral fat more than subcutaneous, too.  

I swear it also reduces fine lines.  It took several cycles to see some of these changes but it’s pretty startling. Acne and allergies are quite immediate though. 

Edited by Genny

Time for another FMD cycle. I'm using this thread for my reference as well, since it's convenient to know what I ate on the previous cycle.  

This time I started with a lighter weight, 66.5 

FMD day 2 - some hunger occasionally, but not too much; good level of energy, working and commuting .

image.png.a8e48e542b65728fa59ae5620670c069.png

Edited by mccoy

Mccoy,   isn't that a  high amount of protein for a Longo-type  FMD   and an increase from your previous FMDs?

Edited by Sibiriak

Sibiriak, what happened in the 2nd day is that spinach and turnip greens increased the protein ratio with the same energy quota. This I noticed in previous FMDs, some vegetables contain more protein and tend to shift the protein ratio higher. On the other side, we know well that protein in vegetables have not the same effect as animal protein or soy proteins, they are probably not even absorbed that much (Jones' factor pretty lower than other protein foods). Nominal Leucine and Methionine are at about 75% RDA.

From how I feel today, 3rd day, the effect of the FMD is similar to the previous ones so probably that didn't affect much the metabolic signals.

Tonight I'm going to choose a different kind of vegetables: tossed salad, which has almost no protein.

Edited by mccoy

FMD day 3. This time more on the mark protein-wise thanks to tossed salad. In the morning I was sleepy, whereas later on I felt all right and even had a small bench press workout.

image.png.ec99fa98f75256c0cfb52c596049ce2a.png

FMD day 5. Almost identical to previous one. Had a bout of sleepeness and tiredness in the afternoon, soon over. No hunger, although the incorregible mind in the background is already planning what I'm going to eat tomorrow.

image.png.01d24b1945f0350c88361e1b251322ac.png

Before the FMd I weighed 66.7 kg, after I was down at 63.1 kg, with a weightloss of 3.6 kg.

I should be gaining back the lost tissue, hopefully regenerated tissue with a better quality, within 2-3 weeks.