Cronometer results for the FMD

mccoy

It's interesing to notice the bodyweight variation after the FMD. The weight has risen over the pre-FMD value and beyond in 17 days. It took 2 weeks to recoup the full pre-FMD value by eating a whole foods, plant-based diet without much restraint. My present BMI is 23.7, which includes an increase of both muscle mass and bodyfat. 

image.png.c3911c97c5d544adf9414c52a476ec8b.png

Edited by mccoy

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’ve done FMD and water fasts...I don’t even know how many time now, actually.  

The FMD macros tend to make me sick to my stomach. I prefer to just eat only the amount of cashews that fit into the max allowed calories and not try to make the rest up with veg.

I also prefer to do a water fast the first day instead of the gentle induction. I’m a lot less hungry.  

It seems the happiest of both worlds to me.  Ymmv  

If you might possibly be sick and just to know you’re infected...don’t do it. It really does clear out your immune system pretty aggressively, as I’ve discovered to my chagrin. 

Fasting softened an ice pick chickenpox scar I’ve had since I was a little kid. It sounds crackpot like but it’s true.  I didn’t realize that people claimed it helped scars until after I looked it up following what I noticed. 

It improves my allergies for weeks and even my sporadic adult acne.

It seems to reduce visceral fat more than subcutaneous, too.  

I swear it also reduces fine lines.  It took several cycles to see some of these changes but it’s pretty startling. Acne and allergies are quite immediate though. 

Edited by Genny

• 2 months later...

Sibiriak, what happened in the 2nd day is that spinach and turnip greens increased the protein ratio with the same energy quota. This I noticed in previous FMDs, some vegetables contain more protein and tend to shift the protein ratio higher. On the other side, we know well that protein in vegetables have not the same effect as animal protein or soy proteins, they are probably not even absorbed that much (Jones' factor pretty lower than other protein foods). Nominal Leucine and Methionine are at about 75% RDA.

From how I feel today, 3rd day, the effect of the FMD is similar to the previous ones so probably that didn't affect much the metabolic signals.

Tonight I'm going to choose a different kind of vegetables: tossed salad, which has almost no protein.

Edited by mccoy

FMD day 5. Almost identical to previous one. Had a bout of sleepeness and tiredness in the afternoon, soon over. No hunger, although the incorregible mind in the background is already planning what I'm going to eat tomorrow.

image.png.01d24b1945f0350c88361e1b251322ac.png

• 2 months later...

Started today my 10th FMD. Starting weight is even less than the last time, at 65.6 it's about minus one kg than the previous 66.7. My planned strategy to increase in weight after the FMD was unsuccessfull, it was based on fewer calories and lots of very digestible protein (mainly from yogurt). Maybe it just decreased bodyfat leaving muscle mass intact, hard to know. After this FMD I'll have to redesign an higher calorie diet more suited to my metabolism.

Mccoy:  My planned strategy to increase in weight after the FMD was unsuccessfull...   [...] Maybe it just decreased bodyfat leaving muscle mass intact, hard to know.

Why   do you feel you need to gain weight?   If I recall correctly,  your BMI was around 23.4 quite recently,  which is  not particularly low, and  you already have quite a bit of muscle based on your posted photos.

Sibiriak, right now my BMI has shifted down froma max of 23.7  (my previous post of october 3rd) to 22.7, it's about a 3 kg loss and I'd like to avoid a decreasing trend, to pursue this hypertrophy-with- nutrients-optimization-experiment a little longer. I'm doubtful if such a decrease in BMI might reflect mainly a decrease of adiposity.

Edited by mccoy

mccoy, I wonder if it would be worth it for you to get something like the Wthings Body+ scale, which measures water, fat mass, muscle mass and bone mass in addition to weight and BMI.

While their accuracy may be debatable (I actually think it's pretty good), it will at least give you a baseline for each measurement and then you can track changes.

19 hours ago, Ron Put said:

While their accuracy may be debatable (I actually think it's pretty good), it will at least give you a baseline for each measurement and then you can track changes.

Ron, the delta might actually be reliable, but it is not sure how much. I'm going to look up the model you are using.

Hi mechanism, this is the 5th day and hunger is not an issue at all. But last night I couldn't sleep, woke up at 3:00 AM, very sore lumbar back and this is a possible consequence of fasting which is cited by Longo in his book. I have no idea about the cause but it's probably a sign that the FMD is having effect.

5th day is psycologically maybe the best, knowing that tomorrow there is going to be a variety of  foods again.