Cronometer results for the FMD

mccoy

On 10/2/2019 at 6:47 PM, Dean Pomerleau said:

I take same 100mcg selenium tablets from NOW but only once every 4 days to supplement ~40% of the RDA per day, relying on small amounts from other foods to fill in the rest. 

--Dean 

Uh doens't selenium decrease longevity?

I mean, 300ug is associated with increased mortality. 100/200ug/day with slightly decreased mortality. But it's just ridiculously easy to get selenium from other sources.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With springtime, I started again with the FMDs. This time weight loss was a very secondary issue since at the beginning I weighted 73 kg, with BMI about 25 kgm-2. 

I was very busy, so I barely noticed it, although I started to feel an aversion to food and nausea from the second day on. 

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hey folks,

I wanted to check in for any suggestions on how I could structure the FMD to not include olive oil. For religious fasting reasons, we don't eat oil some days, and ideally I could fit the fasting mimicking diet by just replacing oil with some other fatty food. But I don't know the right way to do that without potentially altering the proper balance of the macros.

I suppose I _don't_ want a fat with any protein (so no tahini, no nut butters), and maybe a fat source that might have some carbs might be the right replacement?

Any suggestions?

5 hours ago, AlexB said:

Hey folks,

I wanted to check in for any suggestions on how I could structure the FMD to not include olive oil. For religious fasting reasons, we don't eat oil some days, and ideally I could fit the fasting mimicking diet by just replacing oil with some other fatty food. But I don't know the right way to do that without potentially altering the proper balance of the macros.

I suppose I _don't_ want a fat with any protein (so no tahini, no nut butters), and maybe a fat source that might have some carbs might be the right replacement?

Any suggestions?

This is Luigi Fontana’s basics for his now well known fasting mimicking diet. 

The fasting mimicking diet differs from conventional prolonged fasting in that it allows you to continue to eat small, calorie-restricted meals with mostly plant-based ingredients including olives, vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds and herbal teas, with less than half of the average daily food intake of a 2000kcal diet

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 4:57 PM, AlexB said:

Hey folks,

As Mike 41 wrote, Longo (not Fontana) included seeds and nuts.

The  nuts to eat in an FMD which are closer to pure oil content are macadamia, then pecans, then walnuts.

• 7 months later...

After 1 year of stand-by, I resumed the FMD cycles. I don't do FMDs in the winter, so I basically skipped one year.

After the 1st day, I also settled on the low-carb version, an example is attached below. The 1st 2 days were the more difficult, then hunger subsided and fatigue was moderate, although performance was not optimal of course.

Since I can no longer sleep regularly at night, this time I included caffeinated coffee in the morning and decaffeinated in the day, with erytrytol

I lost 6.5 pounds (3 kg) and now I'm at a BMI of 22.4, with less than 10% adiposity estimated, but I'll have to gain back the weight since this is pretty low for me.

In her book Dr. Morgan Levin writes that 3 cycles of FMD showe a reduction of 2.5 years on biological age.

image.png.63d4e186188b5bc92f858f170e5c7933.png

image.png.ae411d5ba5a0db86ef85f361a7124512.png

image.png.7e7eff9a733713c72a21797144163200.png

• 9 months later...
On 3/25/2023 at 7:37 AM, mccoy said:

By the way, Morgan Levine also did simulations on the likely effects of 2-3 cycles of FMD per year (I'll usually do 3 cycles)

Very interesting. I had this. mccoy, are you still doing FMD?

I remembered your posts because I just listened to this: