Cronometer settings

nmonaco

I realize I really do not know how to set up my profile for my goals. I want to lose fat, maintain muscle and live forever.

Macro nutrient targets? Nutrient targets? Keto? 30bananas(whatever that is)?

Can I just set it at Fixed? That's where I have it now but I am not sure if that is the right setting to optimize my progress and goals.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

nm

... I want to lose fat, maintain muscle and live forever.

LOL, that's the spirit! 

'fixed' in your case is probably the right setting since you're not adhere to any particular nutritional geometry, following any particular regimens like keto, fruitarian and so on. You may choose your own geometry in 'custom', but I would keep it simple.

Whereas a more useful setting may be to set your protein threshold. Since you are working out in a caloric deficit and want to keep muscle mass, according to the references posted by Alan Aragon  in the Youtube vid  (at about 4:15) I'm going to link, a preliminary estimate might be 2*RDA, in your case 1.6 g kg-1 d-1 per ideal weight, not lean mass weight. So you can just clikc on 'protein' in the protein and aminoacids quantities and choose your value as a minimum (ideal weight*1.6).  If you are interested in the single aminoacids, then you should repeat and for each multiply by two the RDA values you see in the box.

Thank you for the advice and vid

I will try that

So far I have been CRON for about 4 months and have finally lost the 10-15 lbs of fat (and I guess water weight?) I have been trying to lose for the last 20 years trying other methods and close to what I think is my ideal weight of 185lbs at 5'10" maintaining much of the muscle I had gained over the last 5 years of weight training.

Now the challenge I guess will be to keep eating CRON and maintain from here.

For long term CRON do you  eventually stop using the cronometer? Or is logging everything an integral part of the practice?

Thank you for the advice and vid

I will try that

So far I have been CRON for about 4 months and have finally lost the 10-15 lbs of fat (and I guess water weight?) I have been trying to lose for the last 20 years trying other methods and close to what I think is my ideal weight of 185lbs at 5'10" maintaining much of the muscle I had gained over the last 5 years of weight training.

Now the challenge I guess will be to keep eating CRON and maintain from here.

For long term CRON do you  eventually stop using the cronometer? Or is logging everything an integral part of the practice?

Congratulations nmonaco for the achieved goal!

Re: chronometer use, it depends on people, if it goes on being meaningful to you. Probably when you'll have developed a good sensitivity to the food you can eat to remain in the healthy state you wish, you can stop using it and perhaps resume occasionally to check things out.

I still enjoy logging food daily but probably I'm going to loose interest in details sooner or later and then I'll use it in special occasions, like FMDs, or regimen changes or experimentations and so on.

Archived