Biohacking Protocol Of An Internet Millionaire

The strategies are pretty standard but still pretty interesting for anyone who’s looked into ‘biohacking’.

The guy is a CEO of a company that does half a billion dollars a year in revenue so he definitely has to be high performing. Funny enough he follows a ketogenic diet, fasts frequently and uses ssri’s for mood improvement.

Here’s his whole protocol: https://hackernoon.com/im-32-and-spent-200k-on-biohacking-became-calmer-thinner-extroverted-healthier-happier-2a2e846ae113

My guess is that the cocktail of drugs he is taking daily will end up hurting him in the long run. I also don’t think keto diets, growth hormone and spiking the IGF-1 are a good idea. But I’m pretty much doing most of the rest of the things he is doing, I especially agree with the emphasis on great sleep, I like his chillypad recommendation for cold exposure, I’ll have to look into that. Despite his mood enhancing cocktail, I get the sense this guy is not very happy, hence the anti-depressants and psychotherapy. I personally don’t think that polyamory nonsense works in the real world for anyone long term, but to each his own...

All very interesting, although like Gordo I find some issues with some points he describes. I concentrate more on natural xenohormetic phytochemicals and less on artificial supplementation. His approach to physical exercise is not always conservative (injury-avoiding) in people like me who are approaching the sixties. The approach to ladies he likes would likely disrupt the physical and mental health of most people.

Anyway, he seems to reap benefits from his biohacking, although as Gordo says the long term is what matters here.

• 9 months later...

From the  article Sibiriak posted:

His biohacking spend now amounts to more than $250,000, most of that on elite doctors who charge $500 an hour. How do his doctors justify prescribing him so many medications, when many of them have been approved for conditions he doesn’t suffer from? “They feel I will benefit.”

Pointing to Michael Jackson as an example I'd say great wealth can too easily buy inappropriate medical/health services.  Pretty important to align ones desires with ones needs if you can buy anything you want.

On 9/21/2018 at 10:28 PM, Sibiriak said:

New article on Serge Faguet:

Extreme biohacking: the tech guru who spent $250,000 trying to live for ever

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/sep/21/extreme-biohacking-tech-guru-who-spent-250000-trying-to-live-for-ever-serge-faguet

The best part of that article is the comments at the bottom - enough said ?

On 9/23/2018 at 5:10 PM, Clinton said:

$250 000?!?

At least he’s happy.

Ya think?  He sends out a "miserable narcissist" vibe to me.  He's on prescription anti-depressants "not because he needs them", but because he's trying to feel better (despite being a 30 something millionaire with total freedom: no wife or kids or house).  He spends his time reading cheesy regurgitated self help books,  he hires women for sex, "but they aren't prostitutes".  In his previous interview, he had a girlfriend but was "polyamorous" - based on the new interview it looks like that didn't work out ?  He is looking for the perfect drug to become superhuman - yea, that doesn't usually end well.

Anyway he has $$.

My guess:  Philanthropy might make him feel good; rather than taking psychoactive pills -- which probably don't improve mood.  Philanthropy worked for the "robber barons" of the nineteenth century.  It was one of the things that made them happy.

--  Saul

Archived