exercise amount/intensity

FrederickSebastian

Hi All,

Well, to the best of my knowledge, I am moving into an apartment in September. This means I can no longer use the treadmill unless I go to the gym. I plan on doing 20 minutes of intense cycling at 8:00AM and 20 minutes at 8:00PM... Can you tell me -- is 20 minutes good enough to reverse aging and would doing more help? I really want to slow down aging as much as possible but with limited calories, I don't want to get carried away with the exercise.

Let me know!

Fred

Opinions are discordant but 40 minutes intense cycling a day sure sound enough aerobic exercise.

I would also diversify and introduce some resistance training (calistenics are very good if you want to avoid the gym). Longevity researchers all insist on moderate resistance workouts since they send powerful anabolic signals to bones, muscles and connective tissues, whose natural trend with increasing age is catabolic.

Once or twice per week can be enough.

16 hours ago, Saul said:

Nothin known reverses aging.  CRON may slow it down.  

Luigi Fontana, one of the world's experts on CRON, recommends 1/2 hour of AEROBIC exercise 5 days a week

--  Saul

Whoops! That's what I meant! I guess I was in too much of a hurry to type!

On 2/26/2019 at 5:15 AM, mccoy said:

Opinions are discordant but 40 minutes intense cycling a day sure sound enough aerobic exercise.

I would also diversify and introduce some resistance training (calistenics are very good if you want to avoid the gym). Longevity researchers all insist on moderate resistance workouts since they send powerful anabolic signals to bones, muscles and connective tissues, whose natural trend with increasing age is catabolic.

Once or twice per week can be enough.

OK McCoy thanks!

Archived