Antioxidants are CUE for lung cancer?

Subject: Antioxidants may encourage the spread of lung cancer rather than prevent it ...

Antioxidants may encourage the spread of lung cancer rather than prevent it CANCER CUE?

Antioxidants, including dietary supplements like vitamin E, drive metastasis in lung cancer cells, two studies find.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/antioxidants-lung-cancer-spread-prevent

Personally, I cut out all supps several years back, but for hassle and economic aspect than scientific rationale. 

One of my food items is fortified. But pill supps are probably "overdose".

I think that refers to the excess of antioxydants, especially in supplements, which may prevent the natural signalling action of ROS.

I have my strong doubts that natural antioxidants may exhibit that action, that would imply that some natural constituents of foods are carcinogens.

As to the antioxidants produced by the body from the article it's not clear what they are. Maybe the web article refers to those produced by the body s a response to anomalous tumor cells signalling. Maybe from the original article more details would become apparent.

Whether taken as a dietary supplement or produced by the body, antioxidants appear to help lung cancer cells invade tissues beyond the chest cavity,