How many calories for me to maintain my weight?

UserReqDel20200217

Try this.

W= weight in kilograms 

H= height in cm

A= age in years

For men base metabolic rate = 66.47 + (13.75 x W) + (5.0 x H) - (6.75 x A)

From "Comparison of Harris Benedict and Mifflin-ST Jeor Equations with indirect calorimetry in evaluating resting energy expenditure" Amirkalai, Hosseini, Heshmat, Larijani- Indian J Medical Sci. 2008

This is only your base metabolic rate - so you will need more depending on how active you are. I'd say you should add at LEAST 500kCals to that or 1000 if you're moderately active.

Edited by Clinton

Fernando,

I was tempted to reply in another thread where several posters were providing you some good advice to NOT do CR until you are older.

I realize that there are many different strategies being implemented by folks on these forums to optimize & maximize their healthspan & lifespan; I'll provide you my perspective which I think at your age is likely safer than CR and I believe is a good lifestyle approach to consider.

I think you can look physically strong & attractive AND optimize your health:  These goals do not have to be mutually exclusive, as many uninformed athletes or non-athletic scientists might have you believe.

There are many "life-extensionists" who obsess over improving every decimal point in their biomarkers of health, but leave any thought of physique enhancement behind.  Personally I don't care if I make it to 120 years old if I have to live and look like a goblin to do so.

The good news is, It's not an either-or situation – you can improve your health and improve your physique at the same time.

It seems that healthspan and lifespan correlate with less visceral fat (fat around your mid-section & organs) and increased phsyical strength also seems to correlate with increased lifespan.

I'd recommend following the advice of nearly everyone here regarding keeping track of your diet using the chronometer app (which is free) and ensuring that you intake 1.5 to 2x RDA levels of all micronutrients; also keep an eye on your zinc to copper ratio (should be approx. 10), with plenty of soluble and insoluble fiber, and a low omega 6 to 3 ratio.

Then, add in some daily intermittent fasting (I eat all my meals within 8 hours) and add in some resistance training and cardio or other sports - just get moving.  When you're moving your body will make use of the protein and nutrients you're feeding it - one of the most anti-aging thing you can likely do is provide yourself plenty of muscle mass.

Edited by Clinton

Probably around 1900 Calories according to this calculator

Although, it says I need over 1900 Calories to maintain my weight yet I eat about 1500 Calories per day.

I still think you should probably not do CR until you reach skeletal maturity. Didn't you say you were 18 in the other thread?

Edited by Matt