Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fernando Gabriel

If my basal metabolic rate is 1000 and I eat 1 gram of fat and 1 gram of protein a day I live how long?

Recommended Posts

It's easy since the above is the equivalent of water-only fasting. It depends on your present bodyweight. You can calculate an average loss of -750 grams per day the first week, then about -500 g daily loss. When you reach 35 kg you are already a corpse.

Depending on various environmental and metabolic parameters, usually death by starvation may occur after 30 to 90 days.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mccoy said:

It's easy since the above is the equivalent of water-only fasting. It depends on your present bodyweight. You can calculate an average loss of -750 grams per day the first week, then about -500 g daily loss. When you reach 35 kg you are already a corpse.

Depending on various environmental and metabolic parameters, usually death by starvation may occur after 30 to 90 days.

 

Very low weight does not kill because this 1.73m woman has reached 18kg and has not died.https: //www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/news/a48399/rachael-farrokh-anorexia-recovery-update/
A person could survive any weight by taking the weight off the active non-metabolic parts as long as he was eating at or above baseline.

Edited by Fernando Gabriel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fernando Gabriel said:

Very low weight does not kill 

Are you actually arguing that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a human to starve to death?  It seems like you may be suffering either from brain damage or serious mental illness.  I urge you to seek help before you end up in a hospital on forced feeding or dead.

Edited by Gordo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gordo said:

Are you actually arguing that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a human to starve to death?  It seems like you may be suffering either from brain damage or serious mental illness.  I urge you to seek help before you end up in a hospital on forced feeding or dead.

I am not saying that hunger does not kill but that we can survive any calorie that is equal to or above BMR!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking over all of Fernando Gabriel's posts, I conclude that the boards on crsociety.org are not likely to have the answers Fernando Gabriel is seeking.

Fernando Gabriel, I think this website is where your intellectual curiosity will be richly rewarded:

https://timecube.2enp.com

I urge you to spend your time there. Best of luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Fernando Gabriel said:

Very low weight does not kill because this 1.73m woman has reached 18kg and has not died

Heck, she was literally a living skeleton, I don't know how she was able to survive, probably because of intense medical care. 

a quick google search landed me to this article, where at BMI 14 people start to die, as described by Valter Longo. Below 12, they all deceased, notwithstanding medical care.

Prediction of low body weight at long-term follow-up in acute anorexia nervosa by low body weight at referral

Article (PDF Available)inAmerican Journal of Psychiatry 154(4):566-9 · May 1997with 139 Reads 
 
DOI: 10.1176/ajp.154.4.566 · Source: PubMed

Cite this publication

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, mccoy said:

Heck, she was literally a living skeleton, I don't know how she was able to survive, probably because of intense medical care. 

a quick google search landed me to this article, where at BMI 14 people start to die, as described by Valter Longo. Below 12, they all deceased, notwithstanding medical care.

Prediction of low body weight at long-term follow-up in acute anorexia nervosa by low body weight at referral

Article (PDF Available)inAmerican Journal of Psychiatry 154(4):566-9 · May 1997with 139 Reads 
 
DOI: 10.1176/ajp.154.4.566 · Source: PubMed

Cite this publication

 

 

I arrived at bmi 12 and didn't die in January 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Fernando Gabriel said:

I arrived at bmi 12 and didn't die in January 2019

You arrived at about 13 kg m-2 according to the data you wrote and and didn't die probably because someone called medical emergency. It's enough to persist a few months and death would most probably the outcome. Or very serious sickness.

By the way, that's unfortunately called suicide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mccoy said:

You arrived at about 13 kg m-2 according to the data you wrote and and didn't die probably because someone called medical emergency. It's enough to persist a few months and death would most probably the outcome. Or very serious sickness.

By the way, that's unfortunately called suicide.

I posted in the wrong place unintentionally, you delete my comment please!

Edited by Fernando Gabriel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mccoy,   Fernando's posts reveal an unhealthy interest in discussing what's the most extreme calorie restriction/weight loss possible without dying. Maximal weight loss  appears to be an end  in itself.  He hasn't expressed the slightest interest in the normal goals of CR(AN)-- slowing  human aging,  increasing healthspan, increasing lifespan.

Example posts from Fernando:
 

Quote

What happens to eat less than your basal metabolic rate?

How long would a human live with only essential micronutrients?    I want to create food with 0 calories for me to eat  my whole life!

How Long Would a Person Eat 2000 Calories?
How Long Would a Person Eat 1500 Calorie?
How long would someone live eating 1000?

I am doing calorie restriction, but I have heard that if you eat less than your basal metabolic rate you die, but if I eat every 20 days and always my basal rate I die? And what is the longest safe time I can do this?

How long would I live if I drank 500 ml of vodka a day?

If my basal metabolic rate is 1000 and I eat 1 gram of fat and 1 gram of protein a day I live how long?1 gram of protein=4 calories + 1 gram of fat  9 calories=13 calories a day.

Very low weight does not kill because this 1.73m woman has reached 18kg and has not died.https: //www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/news/a48399/rachael-farrokh-anorexia-recovery-update/   A person could survive any weight by taking the weight off the active non-metabolic parts as long as he was eating at or above baseline.

I am not saying that hunger does not kill but that we can survive any calorie that is equal to or above BMR!

I arrived at bmi 12 and didn't die in January 2019

I was 6 feet and 95 pounds in January 2019 now I have 126 pounds in September 2019 and about 15-16% fat, how many pounds can I get without dying?

Frankly,  I think at this point it might be better not  to engage with his obsession (anorexia) any further.   Of course, that's just a suggestion.

MODERATORS:  Please take note.  Perhaps some action should be taken.

Edited by Sibiriak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Sibiriak said:

Mccoy,   Fernando's posts reveal an  abnormal interest in discussing what's the most extreme calorie restriction/weight loss possible without dying.   For Fernando,   the maximal weight loss  appears to be an end  in itself.  He hasn't expressed the slightest interest in the normal goals of CR(AN)-- slowing or reversing human aging,  increasing healthspan, increasing lifespan.

Example posts from Fernando:
 

Frankly,  I think at this point it's best not to engage with his obsession (anorexia) any further.   Of course, that's just a suggestion.

MODERATORS:  Please take note.  Perhaps some action should be taken.

I want to have longevity!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your posts indicate otherwise,  Fernando.

Read them--you repeatedly talk about not dying while taking CR to the ultra-extreme.   Taking yourself to the edge of death is not a path to longevity.  Eating once every twenty  days  with barely enough calories to maintain your BMR is not a path to longevity.    Figuring out how to merely survive at "any weight  by taking the weight off the active non-metabolic parts "  is not a path to longevity.  Figuring out  the  minimum BF required to  merely survive is not a path to longevity. Dropping to a BMI of 12 is not a path to longevity. 

You've shown no interest in optimal health or longevity.  This is not the forum for you.   Good luck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sibiriak said:

You've shown no interest in optimal health or longevity.  This is not the forum for you.   Good luck.

Sibiriak, thanks for stating what needed to be said.  I feel similarly but wasn't willing to put in the effort to state the case as thoroughly as you have.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×