Top Mortality causes from heart disease?

TomBAvoider

Tom,   I don't have time right at the moment to do a thorough search, eg  at the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/

Edit:  See Table A  https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr65/nvsr65_05.pdf

Here's one chart which doesn't have the detail you are looking for,  but you might follow up on the sources.

image.png.34a07aa893f6f44e6592b6108a814ae8.png

Chart 12-4. Percentage breakdown of deaths attributable to cardiovascular disease (United States: 2015). Total may not add to 100 because of rounding. Coronary heart disease includes International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision (ICD-10) codes I20 to I25; stroke, I60 to I69; heart failure, I50; high blood pressure, I10 to I15; diseases of the arteries, I70 to I78; and other, all remaining ICD-I0 I categories.

Source: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute from National Center for Health Statistics reports and data sets.

Edited by Sibiriak

Thanks, Sibirak, this is helpful. As Todd points out, this is not precisely causes of death from heart disease, insofar as high blood pressure is not a cause of death in and of itself, except for very special circumstances such as:

I imagine that the blood pressure at that moment must have far exceeded 120/80 which is the cutoff for high BP. 

I'll try to hunt around for more data, but it's not easy. If anyone wants to jump in, by all means, join!

Well, I've seen ACSVD (atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease) indicated as cause of death on a death certificate. That seems more like just a disease process to me. I presume that this indicates that the autopsy was only looking for likely death by natural causes.