a website to track aging/longevity companies

I made a website to track all aging/longevity companies, in an interactive (sortable, etc.) and quantitative way:

agingbiotech.info

The aging/longevity field has grown to where it's hard to follow. There are books, journals, blog, some industry reports, and a few website with forums like this one, but few structured info sources for broad context or targeted queries, particularly few focused on aging defined as the underlying molecular causes of multiple age-related diseases. The web had no comprehensive & precise list of companies with therapies or diagnostics for underlying aging in this sense.

Hope this is helpful to some. For those here, it's particularly worth noting that many interventions being pursued within the aging/longevity communities (both in academic labs and companies) are focused on correcting or making up for age-accelerating factors, either genetic disorders that accelerate some aspect of aging or lifestyle factors that do so such as bad diet, lack of exercise, etc. including their downstream manifestations such as obesity. There is even a new buzz-phrase that succinctly describes a subpart of the field focused on these kinds of things: metabesity (with a conference this month in the DC area even). Interventions that are best categorized into this bucket include category buzz-phrases like CR-mimetics, exercise-mimetics, Rapalogs, etc. Metformin probably goes in this bucket. For those on a CR diet, or even just eating high micro-nutrient, obesity-avoiding, relatively healthy diet (much healthier than average Westerner), there is a question about how much such interventions will do to improve health & healthspan. The website includes companies working on such interventions, but also many working on things that should be important even to those on CR or living close to optimal long-term-health preserving lifestyles. Figuring out the exact boundary of that split is debatable and will only be answered definitively with further science so until then you have to decide which companies and which of their clinical trials are more worth paying attention to than others. But there is certainly important work being tracked. Hopefully this site is a useful way to check out the current state every now and then.

Feedback welcomed (see contact link at the site).

Karl

6 hours ago, Clinton said:

Josh Mitteldorf on his blog recently wrote 2 entries on money in aging and many of the main players.

Thanks, I hadn't seen those. There were only ~26 companies mentioned (vs ~110 that I already had). There were a couple new to me so I added them to the sub-tab of my table that has companies to consider adding when I get a moment.

In some ways the site I made is the answer to the site he said at the top of his part-ii post that he couldn't find anywhere. And my counts sub-sheet answers some of the money questions he lays out in his first paragraph (of part ii). I added a comment to his post but it's waiting for him to approve it.

Nice work.  Interesting site.

8 hours ago, kpfleger said:

....many interventions being pursued within the aging/longevity communities (both in academic labs and companies) are focused on correcting or making up for age-accelerating factors, either genetic disorders that accelerate some aspect of aging or lifestyle factors that do so such as bad diet, lack of exercise, etc. including their downstream manifestations such as obesity.

[...]Interventions that are best categorized into this bucket include category buzz-phrases like CR-mimetics, exercise-mimetics, Rapalogs, etc. Metformin probably goes in this bucket. For those on a CR diet, or even just eating high micro-nutrient, obesity-avoiding, relatively healthy diet (much healthier than average Westerner), there is a question about how much such interventions will do to improve health & healthspan

That is indeed a critical question.

2 hours ago, Sibiriak said:

That is indeed a critical question.

Don't forget that that applies only to some of the interventions these companies are working on. CR and other lifestyle habits at most slow aging relative to population average. They don't stop it. So many of the anti-aging efforts will be important to even those on the most optimal levels of CR.

CR in humans probably slows aging by at most 30% (and that's probably wildly optimistic). Senolytics, partial epigenetic reprogramming, stem-cell therapies (which may work through signaling that does reprogramming), therapies to protect mitochondria from damage, persistent AGE cross-link breaking, immune system regeneration, etc. will all probably be beneficial to even those on CR.

2 hours ago, kpfleger said:

some of the interventions these companies are working on. CR and other lifestyle habits at most slow aging relative to population average. They don't stop it.

There is one (and probably only one) intervention that really works that really does stop aging:

Death.

☠️