Spinach -- the miracle food?

FrederickSebastian

While I was experimenting with the cronometer, I tried putting in spinach and almost every bar in the graphs went well over 100%. Does this mean making spinach a staple food would be a good idea? What about other foods? Are there any other food that are as highly nutritious as spinach. When I did cronometer yesterday, hard-boiled eggs seemed to help a lot. Kale seems to be another good choice but I don't like the taste... Any ideas?

Frederick, I've noticed the same thing: spinach, turnip greens, chicory, often I buy them frozen and mix them. Broccoli is another micronutrients-rich vegetable.

The micronutrients bars in cronometer will become miracolously green.

Spinach are rich in oxalic acid though which binds calcium, so I created a new food item in cronometer where spinach have no calcium at all.

Eggs are mutrients rich but 4 a day may be too much. As aprecautionary principle, they might produce too much TMAO. One per day is maybe a more cautious choice.

One unexpensive food I found is exceptionally rich in protein and micronutrients and low in calories is nonfat fresh yogurt. Nonfat greek yogurt si also very good but less rich in potassium and B12.

On 10/16/2019 at 3:15 AM, mccoy said:

Frederick, I've noticed the same thing: spinach, turnip greens, chicory, often I buy them frozen and mix them. Broccoli is another micronutrients-rich vegetable.

The micronutrients bars in cronometer will become miracolously green.

Spinach are rich in oxalic acid though which binds calcium, so I created a new food item in cronometer where spinach have no calcium at all.

Eggs are mutrients rich but 4 a day may be too much. As aprecautionary principle, they might produce too much TMAO. One per day is maybe a more cautious choice.

One unexpensive food I found is exceptionally rich in protein and micronutrients and low in calories is nonfat fresh yogurt. Nonfat greek yogurt si also very good but less rich in potassium and B12.

OK McCoy... Sounds good... Yeah, I heard that eating lots of eggs is likely to cause prostate cancer in men. So, eating less would be good for me. But, when I added an egg to my daily intake on cronometer the numbers whent way up... I'll look into nonfat yogurt. What do you add to it? Berried, maybe? Brown sugar?

Thanks!

Fred

1 minute ago, FrederickSebastian said:

OK McCoy... Sounds good... Yeah, I heard that eating lots of eggs is likely to cause prostate cancer in men. So, eating less would be good for me. But, when I added an egg to my daily intake on cronometer the numbers whent way up... I'll look into nonfat yogurt. What do you add to it? Berried, maybe? Brown sugar?

Thanks!

Fred

Fredrick, eggs are definitely rich in some nutrients like choline. but probably, playing around with cronometer, you may find some other way to increase micronutrients.

I eat yogurt plain, also it's good with a little stevia-erythritol, also with chestnut honey. Sometimes I start eating it plain, then I add a little sweetener, stevia-E if I want to keep calories low, honey if I wish a higher level of energy. Adding berries would be an excellent choice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2019 at 12:27 AM, mccoy said:

Fredrick, eggs are definitely rich in some nutrients like choline. but probably, playing around with cronometer, you may find some other way to increase micronutrients.

I eat yogurt plain, also it's good with a little stevia-erythritol, also with chestnut honey. Sometimes I start eating it plain, then I add a little sweetener, stevia-E if I want to keep calories low, honey if I wish a higher level of energy. Adding berries would be an excellent choice.

OK McCoy... I'll keep that in mind...