"Green" Powders

Hi all,

I have recently got into buying a greens powder called "Purely Inspired Organic Greens Plus Superfoods & Multivitamins" at WalMart and mixing it in with my Naked Green Machine in the morning (Naked Green Machine is a fruit/veggie smoothie you can buy at most supermarkets where I live). My question is this: are these green powders all they're hyped up to be? It has all kinds of stuff in it: Beet, Banana Strawberry, Broccoli Flaxseed, Sunflower, Barleygrass, Wheatgrass. It's hard for me to believe that a scoop of this stuff (Probably a few tablespoons) will make any difference as most of the stuff is only there in trace amounts. Is it worth me buying this or is it a gimmick? Do you really get what you pay for or is a cheap brand just as good as an expensive one?

According to the website, the powder contains:

40 greens, grains, sprouts, fruits & veggies
 18 vitamins & minerals
 Naturally sweetened, 100% vegan formula

http://www.purelyinspired.com/products/organic-greens-plus-superfoods-multivitamins/

Here is another company that is now popular that sells a much more expensive product, that seems to have less in it, believe it or not...

https://www.organifishop.com/collections/frontpage/products/organifi-green-juice-1-bottle

Are these green powders really all that?

Edited by FrederickSebastian

Fred,

I put just 1/4 tsp of Greens+ in each of my nut-berry-buckwheat-kefir meals of the day.

I purposely try to avoid products that are fortified with vitamins (Greens+ isn’t fortified), rather get the vitamins (A’s from carrots, cooked tomatoes, salsa, V8,etc.) (E’s from walnuts, almonds, avocados).

But Greens+ has some green plants/veggies and spirulina including lots of other polyphenols & ingredients that in small doses should be beneficial (milk thistle, ginseng, ginkgo, red beet root, bee pollen, royal jelly, licorice root).  It makes a nice addition to that meal to essentially add some green veggies.

Clinton 

Edited by Clinton