Resveratrol latest tips from sinclair

mccoy

13 hours ago, Annik said:

Have you considered switching to NMN?

I know that Sinclair takes MNM and many other, Michael Rae included, take N(R).

I believe that N(R) is converted into NMN, soooooo, perhaps taking NMN directly avoids the required conversion.  Unfortunately, I simply haven't spent the required time to research and evaluate the two (options to increase cellular NAD+) enough to have an informed opinion.

21 hours ago, Clinton said:

I know that Sinclair takes MNM and many other, Michael Rae included, take N(R).

I believe that N(R) is converted into NMN, soooooo, perhaps taking NMN directly avoids the required conversion.  Unfortunately, I simply haven't spent the required time to research and evaluate the two (options to increase cellular NAD+) enough to have an informed opinion.

Scientists are very competitive. For every study or argument, there seems to be a counter-study. One can spend a (long) lifetime wading through the studies and still reach no definitive conclusion. It creates a conundrum for me, and amounts to a bit of a crapshoot.

On 5/22/2020 at 10:07 AM, Clinton said:

Thanks much, Sibiriak.  I understand that the potential positive effects of any? polyphenol are due to hormesis; I'm curious as to what the 'sweet spot' would be to conservatively gain a little benefit and be sure that the quantity was not too much. 

Sinclair is taking https://fastlifehacks.com/david-sinclair-supplements/  1g per day; 200mg doesn't seem like a whole lot.

Which supplement do you take?

Thanks Ron,

They state that the 'lower dose' (which was 300mg) did not elevate any risk of CD.  

Ok ... I either need to dial down my 200mg of resveratrol or stop altogether.  I'm simply looking for 'hacks' that reduce cardiovascular disease, cancer, all-cause mortality, etc. for someone that is not on CR.  

I try to always practice time-restricted feeding (like at least 16-8 or even more aggressive), always ensure RDA levels of micros, stay lean, and basically always addicted to resistance training.

I follow closely Michael Rae's 'regimen' (  https://www.longecity.org/forum/stacks/stack/122-michaels-tiered-supplement/  ).  Such as the micro-dose lithium, the creatine, beta-alanine, green tea and glucosamine.

Perhaps the neutraceutical I should be focussing on is sulforaphane - it pretty much decreases all-cause mortality, inflammation, rates of almost every cancer, crosses the blood-brain barrier ... it does it all.

Problem with supplements is well defined in the CARET study where it was seen that supplementing  carotene raised cancer risk contrary to the hypothesis. Why? Because supplementation interfered with caretenoid uptake by the body. There are many carotenoids and carotene in high doses interfered with it. Bottom line as in so many cases:

food provides a complex matrix of compounds. Individual supplements often interfere with that matrix. 

playing around with resveratrol  is playing with fire imo! Snake oil is compelling, always has been just be careful!

Edited by Mike41

Thanks Mike - I understand that the way to live as healthy and long as possible doesn't include nearly anything beyond proper nutrition from whole foods ... but some neutraceuticals look pretty tempting, especially for someone like myself where I am not getting the benefits of veganism/vegetarianism or CR.

I am trying to tease out what aspects from these forums are beneficial for someone that still consumes a fair amount of protein - like 0.7-0.8g per pound of bodyweight and is not doing CR (although I do not overeat, stay lean and avoid sugars, processed carbs like white bread, crackers.  I eat essentially a very healthy, whole foods diet).  I follow something like a 'Jack Lalanne' lifestyle.

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, taylorruth903 said:

Is anyone here taking Resveratrol as an anti-aging supplement?  How it is effective and what is the difference between pure and trans Resveratrol supplements?

I take 200mg of trans-resveratrol every morning with 300mg of Nicotinamide Riboside.  By itself it probably doesn't increase lifespan in humans at all, but has shown some impressive results in obese men.  Combined with N(R) it should be able to increase your sirtuins ... David Sinclair still claims to take 1g of resveratrol each morning along with NMN.

I believe that generally speaking you want the trans form.  Read up on it on Examine.com 

https://examine.com/supplements/resveratrol/  They state that "supplementation of resveratrol refers to the trans form exclusively" ...

On 11/23/2020 at 7:58 PM, Saul said:

Wouldn't touch the stuff.

-- Saul

I agree Saul. BTW Saul do you take any supplements . I take garlic, zinc, q10(because I take statins) vitamin D, fish oil. Occasionally melatonin.  Took berberine for a week and quit taking it. Didn’t feel right.

Edited by Mike41

• 5 months later...
On 5/9/2021 at 2:05 PM, Clinton said:

Thanks Ron.  I’m disappointed that I took resveratrol on and off for a few years.  Oh well… 

Yeah, I got swept in the hype for a while, too. At least I thought it did no harm.

I am surprised that Sinclair hasn't paid any significant price in terms of reputation, after hyping it and cashing in. Similarly with Harvard.

Edited by Ron Put

• 10 months later...