Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
UserReqDel20200217

What is the ideal weight for longevity, for my height by age,according to my biotype?

Recommended Posts

I am 6 feet tall wanted to know the ideal weight for longevity for me by age according to my biotype

I only know that at 18 I'm feeling healthy at a weight of 124 lbs.

18

40

60

80

100

120

WIN_20191114_16_30_06_Pro.jpg.5b2c0d083a0945bdb02d23481cf48824.jpg

Edited by Fernando Gabriel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fernando Gabriel said:

My goal is not to lose weight but to have the ideal weight for longevity.

WE have discussed the ideal bodyweight for longevity. Articles seem to indicate an ideal BMI of about 22-23 kgm-2.

 

So, let's say your bodyweight should be about 162 pounds with a BMI = 22 kgm-2.

In this forum, there are a few supporters of low BMI, but they usually do not go below BMI 19, which in your case would be 140 pounds.

So, if you want longevity, you should really start eating healthy and nourishing food and hit at least 140 pounds. 124 pounds=16.2 BMI in your case, is very probably too low for longevity . Your low body weight is probably more favourable to sickness than to health and longevity.

The fact that you feel healthy means little. You may be unconsciously fooling yourself. You don't look healthy at all. You look very undernourished. I wonder if your blood parameters are all right.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mccoy said:

WE have discussed the ideal bodyweight for longevity. Articles seem to indicate an ideal BMI of about 22-23 kgm-2.

 

So, let's say your bodyweight should be about 162 pounds with a BMI = 22 kgm-2.

In this forum, there are a few supporters of low BMI, but they usually do not go below BMI 19, which in your case would be 140 pounds.

So, if you want longevity, you should really start eating healthy and nourishing food and hit at least 140 pounds. 124 pounds=16.2 BMI in your case, is very probably too low for longevity . Your low body weight is probably more favourable to sickness than to health and longevity.

The fact that you feel healthy means little. You may be unconsciously fooling yourself. You don't look healthy at all. You look very undernourished. I wonder if your blood parameters are all right.

 

The last time I tested I was on a high calorie diet, my white blood cells were a little lower, and my cholesterol was 168 total, 34 hdl, 118 ldl

Edited by Fernando Gabriel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fernando Gabriel said:

The last time I tested I was on a high calorie diet, my white blood cells were a little lower, and my cholesterol was 168 total, 34 hdl, 118 ldl

What about your red blood cells count and parameters? Serum iron and ferritin? In a few words, did you show any signs of anemia?

Edited by mccoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mccoy said:

What about your red blood cells count and parameters? Serum iron and ferritin? In a few words, did you show any signs of anemia?

The iron and red blood cells were fine and ferritin can't remember if it was on examination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fernando Gabriel said:

The iron and red blood cells were fine and ferritin can't remember if it was on examination.

Not having anemia is already one positive thing, although your doctor has surely read the analyses and hopefully found other things all right.

Being concerned about longevity at age 18 is very good but you should avoid some common mistakes. My suggestions:

  1. Eat a well-designed diet based on whole plant-based foods, many diversified vegetables, fruits, nuts & seeds, whole grain cereals, legumes, with enough protein, a part of which coming from animal sources (fresh dairy products, a little egg, a little fish). Use the cronometer app to see if you are eating enough calories, protein and micronutrients. At your age you don't need to restrict calories but just to choose healthy foods.
  2. Build a regular routine of exercise. That is basic for longevity. Whatever you like, but you need more skeletal muscles to resist possible injuries and increase the uptake of glucose. Weight training plus running is the best. Instead of aiming at too skinny a body, you may aim at a muscular body with little fat. That seems to be the ideal for longevity and is also cosmetically desirable. 
  3. Think about your studies and build the foundations for a career in the subject(s) you like better.

The above will suffice until you are 30, then you may refine your longevity strategies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mccoy said:

my cholesterol was 168 total, 34 hdl, 118 ldl

Hi Fernando!

Whatever your BMI, those are lousy numbers for someone your age.  (True, a lot of teenagers are obese, and might have numbers like that.  But you're not obese.)

However, the prevailing opinion among CRONies is:  One should not start CR until (at least) the early twenties.

The reason:  The human brain is still developing in your teens -- you want your brain to have abundant resources while it is still developing.

So I would suggest eating a healthy diet, and not eating more than you need, or when you're not hungry, but not to attempt to reduce calories until your twenties.

  --  Saul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×