Earthing is it something we should be doing?

I did earthing for a while but eventually couldn't convince myself that it was beneficial either based on credible research studies or personal experience, so I gave it up.

This sort of language from the paper you linked reinforces my skepticism:

Earthing restores a primordial electric connection to the Earth lost over time because of human lifestyle. Earthing appears to correct what we call an “electron deficiency syndrome,”3 an overlooked and likely significant cause of multiple health disorders.

--Dean

52 minutes ago, Dean Pomerleau said:

I did earthing for a while but eventually couldn't convince myself that it was beneficial either based on credible research studies or personal experience, so I gave it up.

This sort of language from the paper you linked reinforces my skepticism:

Earthing restores a primordial electric connection to the Earth lost over time because of human lifestyle. Earthing appears to correct what we call an “electron deficiency syndrome,”3 an overlooked and likely significant cause of multiple health disorders.

--Dean

....Mitochondrial complex III deficiency is a genetic condition that can affect several parts of the body, including the brain, kidneys, liver, heart, and the muscles used for movement (skeletal muscles). Signs and symptoms of mitochondrial complex III deficiency usually begin in infancy but can appear later. 

Cannot at all see a connection with earthing. Thanks Dean for your insight

Acknowledgments

The authors thank Martin Zucker of the Earthing Institute for assistance with the writing of this article.

If a randomized control trial (which I don't know you could even do) showed benefit, it might have my attention. However, when someone from the Earthing Institute is involved... it muddies the waters.