Annik

Chocolate Mousse

You need a blender or food processor for this one:

Put at least half a tub of silken tofu in a blender. Add 1 rounded teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder, a little vanilla extract, some no-cal sweetener to taste, and a little ground cayenne to taste.

It's indulgent and delicious, plus it's protein-rich and vegan to boot! 🌶️

11 hours ago, drewab said:

This is very similar to what Dr. Greger suggested 13 years ago here: https://nutritionfacts.org/video/healthy-chocolate-milkshakes/

It sounds delicious!

Thank you for the link. 

Yes, it's really very good. You just need a good quality cocoa. 

I love great food, so I try to find simple recipes for everyday that check all the boxes (delicious, but packed with nutrients, calorie for calorie.) I was a professional ballet dancer many lifetimes ago, so I suppose I had been doing some version of CR long before it was a thing. I was also interested in nutrition since I was about 11, so I never went on weird diets as most of my fellow dancers constantly put themselves on (plus other unhealthy practices which I won't describe here.)

I was actually searching Chocolate mousse recipe on the internet and saw your recipe. That was so superb, and I have started making chocolate mousse by following your recipe. And that's really yummy! Thank you so much!

I used to make a different version of it. Blending soymilk, cocoa powder, lemon rind, cinnamon, vegan proteins, stevia, honey and enough guar gum to thicken it to a mousse.

Very tasty and nourishing, but heavy to digest.

I just read this and decided to use it as a base for my own version:

Silken tofu
flax meal
cacao nibs
blackberries (frozen)
blueberries (frozen)
Strawberries (frozen)
cinnamon

It tasted bland, so I added the cayenne Annik suggested, as well as some dulse (for the salty taste and iodine), blended again and it definitely made it better.

A nice, filling bowl. Thanks.

Edited by Ron Put