MY supplementation list

(vegan here so extra vegan supplements needed)

- rapamycin (5 or 10mg/week)

- metformin

- lithium

- taurine/carnosine

- creatine

- CDP choline

- delta/gamma tocotrienols

- 6g betaine per day (ideally) to reduce homocysteine

- B12

- plasmalogens (also impt for vegans)

- rosemary (i just eat it straight). has carnosol, rosemarinic acid

- NAC

- acarbose with meals (though I often miss taking it if the meals aren't carb heavy)

- luteine

- glucosamine

- methylphenidate (for ADHD more than aging, but appetite suppressant). IDEALLY one should supplement with selegiline, NAC, lipophilic antioxidants like tocotrienols to reduce the oxidative stress burden, also crocin)

- glycine also reduces methionine metabolism

[this is A LOT and I can't consistently take them ALL especially when traveling. when traveling I view the most critical supplements as rapamycin/metformin, though I should also view betaine as more critical perhaps]

====

spices:

- ideally, i would also dose my foods more liberally with saffron

- ideally you want some triterpenoids

cloves have highest ORAC value but the chemicals are so powerful that they can be antibiotic in other contexts

i've been thinking of more ginkgo [the trees live longer for a reason!]

===

nootropics:

I have some racetams, NSI-189, etc and intend to continue trying them but they don't consistently work and don't have the effect size of stims

Edited by InquilineKea

IK, I know trying to engage here is of limited value, but how carefully have you thought through this whole thing? I assume you must realize that how you take these supplements (protocol, dosing, timing), in what combinations and how they interact with your diet, exercise and lifestyle regimens is what ultimately matters more than a simple list of supplements. Your individual physiological situation is profoundly determinative of what you need in the way of supplements. It's incredibly complicated. I'll be 100% honest with you, even though I know you will dismiss this, but in case others are reading and might be inspired by this or that supplement from your list - it is my belief that odds are overwhelming that you have not done the kind of careful analysis necessary and therefore odds are extremely high that you'll do yourself more harm than good. Also, Clinton has a point - rapamycin is capable of acting on older organisms, therefore it might be better to enage in mild CR earlier in life, and reserve rapamycin for later. In any case, all I can do here is wish you luck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 1:43 PM, TomBAvoider said:

IK, I know trying to engage here is of limited value, but how carefully have you thought through this whole thing? I assume you must realize that how you take these supplements (protocol, dosing, timing), in what combinations and how they interact with your diet, exercise and lifestyle regimens is what ultimately matters more than a simple list of supplements. Your individual physiological situation is profoundly determinative of what you need in the way of supplements. It's incredibly complicated. I'll be 100% honest with you, even though I know you will dismiss this, but in case others are reading and might be inspired by this or that supplement from your list - it is my belief that odds are overwhelming that you have not done the kind of careful analysis necessary and therefore odds are extremely high that you'll do yourself more harm than good. Also, Clinton has a point - rapamycin is capable of acting on older organisms, therefore it might be better to enage in mild CR earlier in life, and reserve rapamycin for later. In any case, all I can do here is wish you luck.

I agree with TomB. Just taking supplements randomly is a fools game IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

some suggest urolithin A but it really depends on the bacteria in one's gut

Max Unfried Sep 3rd at 8:02 AM
What happens to Urolithin A after the gut? What's the target it is acting on?

4 replies

Patrick Burgermeister  3 days ago
Have you checked Andreux et al., Nat Metab 2019?

Even better: Ryu et al., Nat Med 2016

Penelope Andreux  3 days ago
Hi Max,
Indeed I can refer you to our publication in Nat Metab. In short, UA enters the blood circulation, it is conjugated by the Phase II conjugation enzymes in the liver, undergoes active enterohepatic recirculation, before being elimination through renal and GI tract. It takes up to 4 days to completely eliminate it.
The target of UA has not been identified as of today.
Thanks for your interest !

Max Unfried  3 days ago
Appreciate that you took the time to answer :slightly_smiling_face: will check out your papers(Thank you for linking them Patrick)!

Max Unfried Sep 3rd at 8:02 AM
What happens to Urolithin A after the gut? What's the target it is acting on?

4 replies

Have you checked Andreux et al., Nat Metab 2019?

Even better: Ryu et al., Nat Med 2016

Penelope Andreux  3 days ago
Hi Max,
Indeed I can refer you to our publication in Nat Metab. In short, UA enters the blood circulation, it is conjugated by the Phase II conjugation enzymes in the liver, undergoes active enterohepatic recirculation, before being elimination through renal and GI tract. It takes up to 4 days to completely eliminate it.
The target of UA has not been identified as of today.
Thanks for your interest !

Max Unfried  3 days ago
Appreciate that you took the time to answer :slightly_smiling_face: will check out your papers(Thank you for linking them Patrick)!