A Young Beginner Needs Help & Feedback

mgoktas20

( I just started a few days ago and i feel the energy explosion to do sth and sorry about my english) 

Hello, I'm Muhammet and I'm new here and have been interested in the CRON diet for several months. I am 19 years old, 173 cm and 53.5 kg. I am naturally weak. I usually eat healthy, but it's impossible to gain weight. Maybe as I grow up like Matthew and my grandfather, I gain.

I do because i want to have a good appearance[0], mental and physical health as long as possible. 

And I don't think it helps us live longer than others. (But CR practitioners sleep 1-2 hours less, which means it can personally help) because of its low metabolic rate. Maybe 5-10%. But it's definitely the cheapest and - perhaps - the most powerful way to help us fight aging.

I drink olive oil as it is more effective on SIRT-1 than resveratrol [1]. And it looks really healthy. [2.]. The taste of olive oil is also very good for me. And I live on a place which has a coast to Mediterranean.

I do not consume animal products other than fish and honey.

I eat 2 meals a day, but I do OMAD 2 days a week. IF 16-18.

So my questions are;

1- Am I on the right track? What does my daily menu look like? And this is actually not the last menu. I'm still trying to find it. And I'm trying to consume seasonal fruits.

2- When is zinc picolinate taken? What time of your day I bought but I don't know how to use it.

3- I exposure myself to the sun for at least 1 hour. So do I still need to take any vitamin D supplements? And which supplements you recommend taking depends on my diary. Maybe this exposure ages my skin a little. But I think this is natural. And healthier.

..?

[0] https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-10-fat-hair-younger-skinstudy-benefits.html

[1] https://neurosciencenews.com/reseveratrol-longevity-15766/

[2] https://theconversation.com/drink-a-glass-of-olive-oil-every-day-the-mediterranean-way-to-a-long-life-48837

[3] https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16015276/

256352746_2.png.46fafed3786a8ec715f545ddfb0ddf8a.png

333333.png.81b68b20710064f96199fcecc5980560.png44444.png.59ff02c2c60efec1fdcc18912da702ff.png

Edited by mgoktas20
Translating, Updating my new mineral levels.

4 hours ago, mgoktas20 said:

Hello, I'm Muhammet and I'm new here and have been interested in the CRON diet for several months. I am 19 years old, 173 cm and 53.5 kg. I am naturally weak. I usually eat healthy, but it's impossible to gain weight. Maybe as I grow up like Matthew and my grandfather, I gain.

Hi Muhammet, where are you from exactly?

It is not very clear what would you like to achieve. Do you wish to gain a healthy weight (more muscle mass)? Do you wish to keep being very thin at 18 kg m-2 , practicing CRON?

From your cronometer diary the small amount of proteins is the first thing which can be noted, even though essential amminoacids are all right, apparently. You eat less protein than the average or median requirement according to the WHO, so you should make sure that does not constitute malnutrition in your case (statistically though, it might be enough).

Also, I'm curious, which are the foods contributing to those very high values of B1, B6, iron?

8 hours ago, mccoy said:

Hi Muhammet, where are you from exactly?

I am from Turkey. I live in Antalya.

8 hours ago, mccoy said:

It is not very clear what would you like to achieve. Do you wish to gain a healthy weight (more muscle mass)? Do you wish to keep being very thin at 18 kg m-2 , practicing CRON?

I try to be healthy. I want to stay young. According to this ( https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-10-fat-hair-younger-skinstudy-benefits.html) I will stay young, I will seem young if i practice CRON.

I wanted a longer life but i don't think it'll help us much. Because our heart rate is so slow to other studied animals in CRON area. And CRON helps me to sleep less. So actually i'll live longer than other people.

8 hours ago, mccoy said:

From your cronometer diary the small amount of proteins is the first thing which can be noted, even though essential amminoacids are all right, apparently. You eat less protein than the average or median requirement according to the WHO, so you should make sure that does not constitute malnutrition in your case (statistically though, it might be enough).

Yes, you're right. i will try to eat much vegetables and decrease other some stuff, but i'll do it slowly because i need to love the food i eat. 

8 hours ago, mccoy said:

Also, I'm curious, which are the foods contributing to those very high values of B1, B6, iron?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0570178315000391 In banana peel. According to this study. 

daa.png

Edited by mgoktas20

mgoktas, if I'm not wrong in Turkey you have a wide variety of healthy foods to choose from.

Vitamins in banana peels. My suspicion is that in the table from the article you read, the concentrations of vitamins (except vitamin A) have been erroneously expressed in mg/g, rather than in mg/100 (as it's the case in minerals). This results in the massive amounts of some vitamins, for example pyridoxine, which in your cronometer diary seems to be 207 mg (16000% RDA), whereas the correct amount would be about 2 mg, about 120% RDA. I say so, because those levels of pyridoxine are found usually only in megadoses of supplements. I find it very anomalous that a natural food can be so overwhelmingly rich in thiamine and pyridoxine. So, those data need to be confirmed by other sources.

Whereas the very high iron content seems to be confirmed by the other article posted by Alpater, where 60 mg/100 are cited. So, the most surprising property of banana peels would be its huge concentration in iron. 100 grams of banana peels may even surpass the upper tolerable limit of  45 mg for males.

One thing I must say, I don't know how many banana peels I would be able to eat. It must be very satiating, and of course, we should make sure the peel has not been treated.

image.png.a6763e4cac3c25150e1a04937baed88c.png

20 hours ago, mccoy said:

mgoktas, if I'm not wrong in Turkey you have a wide variety of healthy foods to choose from.

I haven't been to Turkey in close to a decade, but before that, I've covered some regions and my experience was that Turkey has some of the best-tasting fruits and vegetables I've ever tasted, especially in the countryside.  It made an impression on me and I still remember it.

So, it begs the question, with such amazing produce, why eat banana peels?

8 hours ago, Ron Put said:

Öyleyse, soruyu soruyor, bu kadar harika ürünlerle, neden muz kabuğu yiyoruz?

🙂 this idea came from AlPater in this subject: And it seems he eats banana peels too. 🙂 And the taste of bananas closes the gap.

"Oranges compared may be considered by some to be less nutritious because most people eat apple peals but not orange peels. 

Adding the peels of oranges increases the USDA goodies of the fruit. Dr. Gregor ignoring this aspect may make oranges seem to be less healthy.  I even eat banana peels.  They are loaded with various nutrients and I have had no untoward effects."

Edited by mgoktas20
Translating