34 years is late to start CR?

Capitao Nascimento

No, you will have started younger than most people I know who have been on CR for years. I'm personally on the more optimistic side about how well CR will work, but not everyone is around here these days.

David Fisher started around 35 and is doing well: http://www.crvitality.com/2019/04/david-fisher-interview-calorie-restriction-2019/

8 minutes ago, mccoy said:

If by CR you mean a 760 kCals diet, then it's best you start as late as possible, maybe when you are 100 and are tired of living.

How much do I need to reach 60 kg I think 1600 calories because I'm 34 years and 11 months old and my metabolism is much slower than when I was 18 when I became an adult before I ate 600 calorie dishes for lunch and 600 calorie dinner + a can of non-alcoholic beer of about 90 calories and a breakfast of 1100 calories with 75 kg always wanted to keep the same weight to avoid obesity in old age now i am 35 years old and i am looking younger than my friends who won 5 or 10 kg. Now I want an even better result, I never understood about calories but I think the maximum for a man without CRON is 2500 and with CRON 1800 calories and I eat about 2100 calories today.

Edited by Capitao Nascimento

22 hours ago, Capitao Nascimento said:

Do you have severe or moderate or light CR? How many calories do you eat? For a 1.80 man would a 1600 CR be severe?I am sedentary.

I follow no CR now, usually eating from 2200 to 2700 kCals on average. 1600 may be severe in your case, even if sedentary. Everyone who is practicing CR here does some kind of exercise. In your case 1800 is probably better, or best 2000 and exercise, but with optimal nutrition (you must use cronometer, track all the food you eat, make all micronutrients bars are green)

On 12/16/2020 at 5:35 PM, mccoy said:

I follow no CR now, usually eating from 2200 to 2700 kCals on average. 1600 may be severe in your case, even if sedentary. Everyone who is practicing CR here does some kind of exercise. In your case 1800 is probably better, or best 2000 and exercise, but with optimal nutrition (you must use cronometer, track all the food you eat, make all micronutrients bars are green)

image.png.5484c4190face2f0d404246bf918db51.png

• 1 month later...

Hola, Rodrigo !

I'm 34 yrs old, too 🤗

I have not kept up on the CR Society for a few years because I am an eating disorders survivor as of my late teens/twenties. Sad but true.

I am very excited about CR and the Longevity Diet and Harvard University's studies on The Okinawa Diet from the southern Japanese natives/indigenous cultures.

mccoy-- I'm glad to hear about your moderate CR. I've been in contact with Brian Delaney and he's basically encouraged me to be very careful, because anyone in recovery from eating disorders has a Risk of relapse into anorexia, as anorexics can get addicted to dieting in a self-harming manner.

I am grateful to follow up that using a combination of CR with basic maintenance menus (1900-2100 or 2200-2500 calories), and learning larger menu planning for holidays (2600-3200 calories) without "stuffing" the digestive tract has worked wonders. My metabolism was sluggish and sickly from years of Bulimic overeating, for example. Now, my metabolism has increased from mindful care and maintenance.

I would encourage you to use mindful eating to "monitor" and keep things thoughtful and feel-good. My therapists are hoping I work on increasing my metabolism so I won't have to "restrict," technically, but honestly, I am open to whatever is most ethical, and I do feel very Japanese-indigenous and love to move and do yoga and dance on an emptier stomach, which intuitively suggests to me after 4 years ED-behaviors-free, that mindful uses of CR here connect me to the vital, sacred Longevity that could cure my anorexia/bulimia of my youth...