Sign in to follow this  
Mike Lustgarten

Quantifying Biological Age: Blood Test #6 in 2020

Discussed in the video:
What's my biological age on blood test #6 in 2020?
What's my average biological age for 2020, and how does it compare with 2019?
Are there links between calorie intake, cardiovascular fitness (RHR, HRV), and diet composition with my biological age?

Thanks for the videos.

One note, on the CRP. I am not so sure that fat intake is always beneficial: since cutting down on EVOO and other added fats, my CRP has gone from about 0.05 to 0.025mg/L. My fat sources are flax, nuts, and avocado on most days.

Which foods affect biomarkers is likely individual-for you, cutting fat intake seems to be better, at least for CRP. For me, as you saw in the video, the opposite seems to be true, which is interesting because I'd been mostly low-fat (~15% cals from fat or less) for most of my life.

Mike, my statement above may be wrongly construed, especially in light of your 15% fat intake.

My fat intake is the mid 30%, but I have dramatically cut down on EVOO, which was the primary source of processed fat for me before. Now it's mainly from about 30g of flax meal per day, as well as about 15g of walnuts and 30g of almonds. The rest of my major sources are cacao nibs and avocado.

Here is my Cronometer report for the past year (that rather occasional pizza does leave an imprint, doesn't it :)

1369069584_ScreenShot2021-01-09at14_50_52.thumb.png.7a85c0e9bf3d4892884e3b2b7044cfcb.png

No worries Ron, I understand. Have you measured your biological age using Levine's tool? Also, your fiber intake is great, but I shoot for higher Vitamin K (>1500 mcg/d) and C (> 1000 mg/d).

Have you tried mixing cacao with Medjool dates? I make my homemade chocolate like that, it's delicious!

Hi Mike, yes I do it periodically, hovering at 41.8 phenotypic and 41.6 DNA -- I am pushing 59 in reality :)

The dates sound great, but I kind of have a sweet tooth and if I have this mixture here, I will likely inhale all of it within a day :)