Sign in to follow this  
InquilineKea

Boron/Jarrow Ultra Bone-up for osteoporosis?

Ugh I fucking hate the time investment, I want to learn/study/network all the time, people are amazed at my bandwidth and I don't want to sacrifice this shit

On 2/18/2021 at 1:07 AM, InquilineKea said:

Ugh I fucking hate the time investment, I want to learn/study/network all the time, people are amazed at my bandwidth and I don't want to sacrifice this shit

...But apparently, you want to sacrifice your bone density...

I use Jarrow bone up daily.  I also excercise on an elliptical cross trainer with hand motion, at the maximum resistance, daily.

And twice a week I take the only real bone-builder for people over 25:  Forteo, injectable.

--  Saul

IF you can get your medical insurer to approve it.  I have excellent medical insurance; it was approved for 2 years.  (The FDA approval for the drug is phrased in a way that gives insurers "an escape clause) to deny the expensive drug after two years of use).  With difficulty, I obtained approval for renewals for several more years.  This ended recently.  Each one month supply has some extra shots in it; I've saved cylinders for the whole time, expecting to get cut off.  So I'm now dosing only twice weekly.  With what I've saved, I have enough for a little over 3 years.  (I've checked with one of the original researchers on Forteo and other PTH (or PTHRP) peptide researchers.  Twice weekly dosing should work).  When I run out, I plan to purchase tymlos, a drug that binds to the same receptor (a PTHRP peptide) -- it's cheaper -- and also use it twice weekly (unless the FDA drops its escape clause for drug manufacturers).

--  Saul

Technique: Central DXA bone densitometry was performed on a Hologic QDR 4500 Discovery system.

Findings DXA DATA

Region _____________________________ AP spine (L1-L4) Exam Date __________________________ 02/02/2021 BMD (g/cm2) ________________________ 0.636

T-score ____________________________ Z-score ____________________________ -4.1

Region _____________________________ Femoral Neck (Left) Exam Date __________________________ 02/02/2021
BMD (g/cm2) ________________________ 0.522
T-score ____________________________

Z-score ____________________________ -2.8

Region _____________________________ Total Hip (Left) Exam Date __________________________ 02/02/2021 BMD (g/cm2) ________________________ 0.717
T-score ____________________________

Z-score ____________________________ -2.0 T-scores not generated in male patients under age 50.

Nov 2020:

d433377c12b56914e1251db5c40c4c3b.png

2-15-2021:

: 35fe3b4fccb90ed3eb440c3147a3082d.png

OH i checked again and there's a slight improvement. Still low so I have to continue the supplements. I did the second dexa after taking a few of those bone supplements (+ staying at parents for a bit). so spiro didn't decrease it, after all. The scan results above were official and kind of scary so I need to continue supplementing!

Edited by InquilineKea