• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

israelcases.jpg.368a470b7739d6be67eb0bb3fbee83c8.jpg

https://datadashboard.health.gov.il/COVID-19/general

The vaccines have been tested and shown to reduce severe Covid.  It is unclear how effective they are at reducing cases and transmission.  This data from Israel suggests minimal possibly zero effectiveness in reducing cases.  Which would mean vaccinations are creating selective pressure for the emergence of vaccine resistant sars cov-2.

Vaccine-escape and fast-growing mutations in the United Kingdom, the United States, Singapore, Spain, India, and other COVID-19-devastated countries

Finally, we hypothesize that RBD mutations that can simultaneously make SARS-CoV-2 more infectious and disrupt the existing antibodies, called vaccine escape mutations, will pose an imminent threat to the current crop of vaccines.

Covid vaxes in many countries -- including USA -- escaped the long-term side-effects research under EUA. Even if there were no reports like the dramatic one below, asymptomatic effects of vaxes that accumulate over time  (and surface years later, perhaps in old age) are UNKNOWN. 

DIET -- EXERCISE -- SLEEP . Those are the best defenses against "ailments of man". But no profit or drama or juicy "news" story  there ... so no $$ for academic papers and university grants and endowments. 

• 2 weeks later...

"The vaccines have been tested and shown to reduce severe Covid.  It is unclear how effective they are at reducing cases and transmission.  This data from Israel suggests minimal possibly zero effectiveness in reducing cases.  Which would mean vaccinations are creating selective pressure for the emergence of vaccine resistant sars cov-2"

I've been hearing lots of anecdotes about vaccinated people getting the delta variant.  It's important to note that a vaccine doesn't actually stop you from getting a virus, its purpose is to prevent serious symptoms (prep your immune system to beat it after you DO get it).  So the covid vaccines are doing what they are supposed to do.  Unfortunately they may not always prevent the spread, which is definitely a big negative, but this is also all the more reason for a person to get vaccinated!  It means covid will probably be with us for a very long time and everyone will eventually get it.  Luckily for the vaccinated anyway, it will be like all the other coronaviruses out there, AKA the common cold.  Its worth noting however, that the data do show the vaccines reduce/slow the spread (i.e. you are more likely to be asymptomatic if you've been vaccinated).

Edited by Gordo

22 hours ago, Gordo said:

I've been hearing lots of anecdotes about vaccinated people getting the delta variant.  It's important to note that a vaccine doesn't actually stop you from getting a virus, its purpose is to prevent serious symptoms (prep your immune system to beat it after you DO get it).  So the covid vaccines are doing what they are supposed to do.

It looks like the vaccines are doing what they were predicted to do, creating selection pressure for vaccine resistant strains.  This becomes relevant when a sufficiently large enough percentage of the population is vaccinated to make resistant strains dominant.  Israel and the UK were leaders in early and aggressive vaccination campaigns and now they are leaders in vaccine resistant covid.  Israel has begun administering booster shots as vaccine efficacy wanes.  I expect the results will be hilarious in that vicious humor spirit of laughing at others stupidity and misfortune.

3 hours ago, Gordo said:

There are now oral vaccines as well.

From the article:

Our vaccine is a particularly strong candidate against the evolving COVID-19 virus due to its unique targeting of three proteins rather than one.

This is potentially a huge improvement.  Will Pfizer, Moderna and J&J retool to compete, fight to block approval of the upstart or will they silently fade away and die?

2 hours ago, Saul said:

Why do you feel better with an oral vaccine rather than an injection?

I didn't mention oral vs injection as it is largely irrelevant to me although I imagine oral vaccines have an advantage with respect to ease of administration.

My issue has been that all of our vaccine options have the same target, a single spike protein.  Thus any mutation as trivial as an SNP in a gene coding for that protein can result in enhanced propagation.  All of our vaccines are working together creating evolutionary selective pressure for a strain that defeats all of them.  This snowballs as additional adaptive mutations accumulate and there are increasing numbers of breakthrough cases.

We are already seeing increasing numbers of deaths among the highly vulnerable vaccinated.  This has been vastly accelerated by the insanity of vaccinating those at negligible risk of adverse outcomes such as healthy college students and children.    Squandering these valuable vaccines is a case of mass negligent homicide engaged in by the majority of our population due to extremely poor understanding of basic science and math.

Todd, I'm not an expert on this subject -- but my understanding is that both the Pfizer and Moderna mrna vaccines recognize several protein sites on the spike protein, not just one.  The viral spike is a structure made up of many proteins,

--  Saul

15 hours ago, Todd Allen said:

We are already seeing increasing numbers of deaths among the highly vulnerable vaccinated.  This has been vastly accelerated by the insanity of vaccinating those at negligible risk of adverse outcomes such as healthy college students and children.    Squandering these valuable vaccines is a case of mass negligent homicide engaged in by the majority of our population due to extremely poor understanding of basic science and math.

I really do think that you are exaggerating the risks and underestimating the benefits of the vaccines.  I put my confidence in the decision makers.  I am unaware of any examples for any of the many vaccines for different diseases where this issue you raise has been found.  Vaccinating a greater fraction of the total population will greatly reduce the natural development of harmful mutations.  I strongly feel that none of the variants of concern would have developed had the people in which they developed been vaccinated, and, if there had been herd immunity, the variants would not have spread to others.

Edited by AlPater

On 7/24/2021 at 7:11 PM, Todd Allen said:

The most vulnerable (the elderly or anyone with a compromised immune system) often do not even generate substantial antibodies from a vaccine, the vaccine is much more effective for people that ARE NOT vulnerable, and in vaccinating them, you get herd immunity - which is key to protecting the vulnerable.  You see these same sort of sentiments all the time from antivaxers "if you guys are all vaccinated, why do you care if I'm not?"

As for increasing numbers of deaths among the vaccinated - the UK data seems to indicate the vaccines are highly effective at saving lives:

UKCovid-July252021.jpg

If everyone declined vaccination or they had not been able to create a vaccine, I think things would be much worse.  Its debatable how much vaccination has increased the prevalence of the delta variant, I get the argument but it still seems like the alternative is far worse.  Plus there are now increasing concerns around even previously healthy people who have recovered from covid having lingering problems (ie. long covid or cognitive impairment) I have no idea how "legit" these concerns are, at first I thought it seemed kind of sketchy but it seems the evidence is growing.

On 7/24/2021 at 10:18 PM, AlPater said:

I really do think that you are exaggerating the risks and underestimating the benefits of the vaccines.

I haven't said anything about the risks and I believe the vaccines had significant benefits but I expect little if any benefits will remain in the US through this coming fall.

I am unaware of any examples for any of the many vaccines for different diseases where this issue you raise has been found.

That is because no previous vaccines work like these do.  Attempts to use traditional methods such as inactivated virus failed with coronaviruses because of the problem of antibody-dependent enhancement resulting in an immune response that increases the virulence of infection.  This was sidestepped with vaccines targeting a few antigens for which neutralizing antibodies are produced avoiding the production of binding antibodies causing enhancement.

Vaccinating a greater fraction of the total population will greatly reduce the natural development of harmful mutations.  I strongly feel that none of the variants of concern would have developed had the people in which they developed been vaccinated

The natural unvaccinated immune response to the virus is broad.  Any simple mutation can at best produce a tiny immune evasion survivability gain.  In a vaccinated person the immune response is sensitized to a few antigens of the spike protein just a fraction of the breadth of the unvaccinated response.  Mutations can now produce a several fold stronger gain in survivability.  When a single viral particle among millions within a person arises with an advantageous immune defeating mutation through generations of further replication the small advantage will exponentially increase the population with the mutation.

Immune evasion is not being selected for in the unvaccinated as there has been no appreciable loss of natural immune efficacy.  There has been no significant increase in symptomatic reinfections.  The Pfizer vaccine was considered 96% effective.  Israeli government statistics for the past month suggested it had fallen to 39% effective versus the delta variant, ie a 15 fold increase in breakthrough symptomatic infections.  Recent PHE data suggests the Astra Zeneca vaccine may now be 1.8% effective in the UK: https://swprs.org/covid-vaccines-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly/ 

Vaccinating people while a pandemic is raging with a vaccine that takes weeks to produce a robust immune response means with every vaccination there is a window of time where people are producing an altered narrow immune response that selects for vaccine evasion but weak enough that the infection achieves contagiousness allowing mutations to propagate to others.  And what has resulted is variants with many mutations the majority of which are in the antigens targeted by these vaccines.  England stupidly widely distributed first doses without sufficient vaccine supplies to give the second doses on schedule magnifying this problem.  And around the world a significant percentage of people have declined the second dose after a serious reaction to the first dose which also increases probability for vaccine escape mutations.  But now as variants such as delta can produce breakthrough contagious infections in large percentages of the fully vaccinated it is nearly certain the process of declining vaccine effectiveness will accelerate.

Edited by Todd Allen

16 hours ago, Gordo said:

Plus there are now increasing concerns around even previously healthy people who have recovered from covid having lingering problems (ie. long covid or cognitive impairment) I have no idea how "legit" these concerns are, at first I thought it seemed kind of sketchy but it seems the evidence is growing.

As I said before, these incidents seem to me to be very likely to be very costly in terms of health and healthcare, and it makes COVID-19 very distinct from a cold or flu in having the illness go on and on, leaving many patients even not being able to go back to work any time soon.  The brain fog sounds quite distressing, for example.

2 hours ago, Todd Allen said:

In terms of minimizing hospitalization and death vaccinating the minority at risk has far more impact than vaccinating the majority with little risk.

You are correct, and this was largely the focus of the vaccination programs at the beginning, but there are going to be so-called "break-through" infections in some of the at-risk people and some of the at-risk people who cannot be vaccinated.  Getting at much as possible of the total population, including as young as possible for young children, of the country, and even the whole world, vaccinated, is the way to go.

Edited by AlPater

Most protective immunity is natural immunity

The very best immunity is natural immunity.  That comes to us from Israeli data which is complete enough to draw real conclusions from.  The vaccines offer varying degrees of protection from hospitalization and death that are much improved as compared to the unvaccinated in the over 50 crowd.  Under 50?  The data is less clear but the good news is that there really aren’t any hospitalizations or deaths involved.  The numbers are so small as to be best rounded down to zero.

So the good news is that the Delta variant is stacking up to be far less deadly than the prior variants.  The bad news is that “immune escape” is really very much on the table. It hasn’t happened yet (that we know of) but the odds are stacking up in its favor as more and more vaccinated people are becoming infected with SARS2 despite being fully vaccinated.  Dr Geert Vanden Bossche’s hypothesis is now an ‘open secret’ as it is now part of the risk factors listed by the UK heath authorities.

Links:

Natural immunity is best immunity

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/309762

Israeli & hospitalization data

https://twitter.com/cov19treatments/status/1415865494733721605

Delta variant and Pfizer 3rd shot

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/954357

Immune escape in point #9 of this:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sage-93-minutes-coronavirus-covid-19-response-7-july-2021/sage-93-minutes-coronavirus-covid-19-response-7-july-2021

Crappy, crappy organization with a website

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germ_theory_denialism

5 hours ago, Todd Allen said:
This Tweet is from a suspended account. Learn more
sigh...

Yeah ... I noticed that too... the orig Peak Prosperity video is over a week old, and news spreads fast. 

HOWEVER ... archive.org to the rescue ...

https://web.archive.org/web/20210721075639/https://twitter.com/cov19treatments/status/1415865494733721605

Edited by KHashmi317

Many of you in vax-skeptical crowd may already be familiar with Dr. Judy Mikovits (forget Science, Nature,  NIH, Wiki , YouTube, FB, Twitter, etc.... as she or most references to her research has been censored since at least May 2020 -- or presented  mis-informationally and even dis-informationally ... imho!).

But alternate or decentralized platforms can be your friend ... you can cut to the chase and go to about 18:00 min into the video. Just the Zoom interview should be enough. 

Vaccine Remorse: Got the Shot? Judy Mikovits On What to Do About It - Ledger Report 1129

https://rumble.com/vhjzlx-vaccine-remorse-got-the-shot-judy-mikovits-on-what-to-do-about-it-ledger-re.html

https://rumble.com/embed/vextgd/?pub=h4uf7

References (note that is NOT the fact that all these major outfits have reacted against Dr. M, but the fact that ALL THESE  MAJOR OUTFITS have reacted against her)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Mikovits

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/08/plandemic-judy-mikovits-coronavirus/

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/fact-checking-judy-mikovits-controversial-virologist-attacking-anthony-fauci-viral

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7398426/

Edited by KHashmi317

The latest from the CDC ... NO surprise that the "pandemic" poses very little risk to those who stick to what I call the Holy Trinity: DIET - EXERCISE - SLEEP.

CDC Data is surprising

The CDC has released a gigantic romp through the Covid hospitalization and death data.  Some fascinating things I did not expect have emerged.

The bad news is that 8 comorbidities are highly correlated with worse outcomes and/or death.  The good news is that a bunch of comorbidities seemed to not make things any worse, and might have even been slightly protective.  Weird, right?

The most glaring statistic is that of all the people who died of Covid, those with 0 (zero) comorbidities represented just 0.9% of the deaths.  That observation alone leads to obvious public health advisories that we should be receiving (but are not).

Links:

https://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2021/pdf/21_0123.pdf

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fphys.2020.584248/full

"The latest from the CDC ... NO surprise that the "pandemic" poses very little risk to those who stick to what I call the Holy Trinity: DIET - EXERCISE - SLEEP. "

Sure.  But, IMO it's a risk that IMO no life-extentioner would ant to take.

--  Saul