Vaccine risks, injury and related topics

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Caleb Wallace, head of ‘San Angelo Freedom Fighters’ to “end covid tyranny” died from Covid today. He had 3 kids and a pregnant wife. He treated himself with ivermectin. Here he in interview: “The science is out there, and it’s saying this is perfectly fine to live with.”

I fact checked this before posting, it's legit and reported by numerous mainstream news outlets. The guy was not vaccinated, neither is his wife, but she seems a little more sane than her deceased husband was (says she wears masks and is not an antivaxer). 

Also was looking at the latest stats:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

We have really shot up again in daily new cases which isn't surprising, but I'm a bit disappointed to see daily deaths also now above 1300, it seems our deaths per infection rate is worse than the UK right now. And speaking of the UK, I see their infection rate that had spiked and fallen is now spiking back up again. 

Edited by Gordo

2 hours ago, Gordo said:

Caleb Wallace, head of ‘San Angelo Freedom Fighters’ to “end covid tyranny” died from Covid today.

A very sad story,  worth reading:

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/news/2021/08/22/texas-covid-delta-variant-hospitalizations-high-mom-fights-save-husband/8196516002/

Each of us is 'more than the sum of our political beliefs'

8 hours ago, Sibiriak said:

I would have had to disable my ad blocker to read that story.  But I found this one about Caleb Wallace:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/caleb-wallace-anti-mask-freedom-005759054.html

I find it "amusing" that the story was posted in the entertainment section.

Here's a quote from the story:

Jessica told the Standard-Times that her husband initially refused to be tested for COVID and instead turned to unproven home remedies to fight the virus, including high doses of Vitamin C, zinc, aspirin and Ivermectin — a parasitic worm treatment intended for animals that is not FDA-approved.

Why do they think it is ok to lie about Ivermectin and say it is not FDA approved?  Because it makes the story more entertaining?  The guy looked overweight a potential risk factor and it is a shame that he was using things considered better for their prophylactic value as post infection treatment for which drugs such as famotidine, dexamethasone and budesonide are recommended.

Here's a video of a recent press conference with the Tokyo Medical Assoc. chairman recommending Ivermectin to doctors for covid-19:

Edited by Todd Allen

Japan suspends 1.6 mln doses of Moderna shot after contamination reports

"Contamination" may be the "official"  news-permissible story.  With or w/o contamination ... the vaccines ain't workin', folks 😉 I know .... I follow the Alex Jones Odysee channel 😉
Edited by KHashmi316

A comparison of reinfection rates among vaccinated and unvaccinated published by the CDC.

Reduced Risk of Reinfection with SARS-CoV-2 After COVID-19 Vaccination — Kentucky, May–June 2021

The finding was that not being fully vaccinated more than doubled the risk of reinfection.

Among Kentucky residents infected with SARS-CoV-2 in 2020, vaccination status of those reinfected during May–June 2021 was compared with that of residents who were not reinfected. In this case-control study, being unvaccinated was associated with 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with being fully vaccinated.

2 hours ago, KHashmi316 said:

the vaccines ain't workin', folks 😉 I know .... I follow the Alex Jones Odysee channel 😉

More than half of US nearing ICU capacity

As of Aug. 29, dozens of states were reporting limited beds in intensive care units, with 23 states reporting over 80% capacity and six states reporting over 90% capacity, CDC experts announced at an advisory panel Monday.

The panel also found that the risks of contracting COVID-19 are still much higher for the unvaccinated.

People between ages 18 and 49 are 24 times more likely to be hospitalized if unvaccinated, according to the CDC, 19 times higher for unvaccinated populations between 50 and 64 and 13 times for unvaccinated people 65 and older

On 8/29/2021 at 10:14 AM, KHashmi317 said:

The Lancet study -- in my last post -- is mostly nonsense.

I skimmed through the study and it's a rather shoddy one and it fails to clearly state the infection status of the 2020 group. But I think it's reasonable to assume that they were unvaccinated but SARS-Cov-2 positive subjects.

The conclusion of the study is likely meaningless, as it fails to specify at what stage of infection samples were taken, thus making a direct comparison difficult at best.

We also do not have the age spread between the two groups, which if different, is also likely to have an effect.

One could also argue that preexisting broad immunity may have played a role in the lower viral load of the 2020 group compared to the immunity triggered by the vaccines.

On 8/30/2021 at 6:51 AM, Todd Allen said:

Why do they think it is ok to lie about Ivermectin and say it is not FDA approved?  Because it makes the story more entertaining?  The guy looked overweight a potential risk factor and it is a shame that he was using things considered better for their prophylactic value as post infection treatment for which drugs such as famotidine, dexamethasone and budesonide are recommended.

Because it's used off-label and because the issue has become a political one, and it drove this death to become a major story. The gloating reporting is driving fear, just like the ICU capacity story that Dean posted. Imagine if they did the same with every post-vaccine death of a vaccine proponent... Some staunch anti-abortion groups float up similar fear-driving stories about deaths related to abortion procedures. Such scary stories also serve to make the faithful feel oh so superior to the "sinners."

18 hours ago, Dean Pomerleau said:

As of Aug. 29, dozens of states were reporting limited beds in intensive care units, with 23 states reporting over 80% capacity and six states reporting over 90% capacity, CDC experts announced at an advisory panel Monday.

Of course, this predictably fearmongering story frames the narrative without any context, for maximum effect. In reality, on an average day, the sweet spot for ICU beds occupancy is from mid-70% to low 80%, where both profitability and capacity are in balance. Also, the multiples cited are largely meaningless without context -- one can run a headline screaming that elderly vaccinated subjects are x number of times more likely to die from the vaccine than the non-vaccinated.

Here is a preliminary number of child death from the flu from last year in California, and here is the number of child deaths from Covid.  So, why the push by the Democrats and the media to mandate vaccines for children and young adults against SARS-Cov-2, and not against the flu, when the flu is 4 times deadlier to children than Covid?

While I have started doubting the efficacy of ivermectin, I think the political opposition to it is gone too far. The witchhunt is still continuing, more than half a year after Trump left office.

But while the main supporting studies are shoddy, they are not much shoddier than the studies that are responsible for the mask mandates and the lockdowns.

I didn't realize how many hospitals simply refuse to administer ivermectin, even after being prescribed by the patient's physician and even when all other options are supposedly exhausted. There have been a number of lawsuits in the US, like this one:

After court order, Elmhurst Hospital says it’s allowing COVID-19 patient to receive controversial drug ivermectin

and I did a search for what happened at the end, and here it is:

Update: Nurije Fype is out of the hospital and has returned home

It's actually outrageous. Even if such anecdotal cases are an aberration (just like the 20-year-old dying with Covid horror stories that the media has been amplifying out of proportion), there should be no need to sue a hospital to force them to administer a cheap doctor-prescribed treatment.

1 hour ago, KHashmi317 said:

BOTTOM LINE: Many die from COVID rather than with COVID depending on the PCR cycle criteria. 

Is there actually evidence that a substantial fraction of 1200+ people who will die in US hospital ICUs today on a ventilator with a blood oxygen level < 70 are dying with COVID and not from COVID?  If there is please share it because we'd all like to see it. If not, please stop spreading misinformation.

--Dean

21 hours ago, Dean Pomerleau said:

Is there actually evidence that a substantial fraction of 1200+ people who will die in US hospital ICUs today on a ventilator with a blood oxygen level < 70 are dying with COVID and not from COVID?  If there is please share it because we'd all like to see it. If not, please stop spreading misinformation.

--Dean

The same question can be directed at you: What is your evidence that A:: of these people are dying FROM Covid?

The UK currently has about 10-12% excess mortality and it's attributed not to Covid, but to the effects of the scaremongering and lockdowns, which resulted in delayed diagnosis ad treatments for serious CV and other diseases. There is more to public health policies than just Covid.

There have been numerous reports about overcounting Covid deaths and the observation that a high-cycle PCR testing results in overcounting of Covid cases is perfectly valid and it should be addressed, not dismissed as "misinformation."

Here is a more recent article which also cast at least some doubt on the relentless propaganda being rammed down our throats:

Who’s Really Being Hospitalized?

“I’m not going to arm wrestle with the administration about where to put you,” Dr. C., a highly skilled gastroenterologist, said gently to my friend who was in bed in a triage room in the ER. “We just want to get you into a bed so we can figure out what’s wrong and get you treated.”

We were at our small town’s hospital. No one was sure why, but my friend had not been able to keep anything more than a handful of raspberries down since a complicated surgery for a chronic health condition three weeks before. Dehydrated and unable to eat, my friend had been violently vomiting after taking just a sip of water or sucking on an ice chip, and had lost nearly twenty-five pounds. ...

Diagnosed with a Pancreas Disorder, Admitted as a COVID Patient

After a battery of testing, my friend was diagnosed with pancreatitis. But it was easier for the hospital bureaucracy to register the admission as a COVID case.

Let me explain. This patient had none of the classic symptoms of COVID: No shortness of breath, no fever, no chills, no congestion, no loss of sense of smell or taste, no neurological issues. The only COVID symptoms my friend had were nausea and fatigue, which could also be explained by the surgery. However, nearly three weeks earlier, a COVID test had come back positive."

50 minutes ago, Ron Put said:

The same question can be directed at you: What is your evidence that A:: of these people are dying FROM Covid?

From the BMJ:

I want to set the record straight about some serious misinformation surrounding covid-19 death certification and mortality statistics. I will paraphrase some of the claims that I have heard repeatedly in the media:

“People are not dying from, but with, covid-19.” “Deaths classified as from covid-19 result from largely false positive polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test results,” “deaths are mostly from other causes and underlying conditions,” “death numbers are grossly inflated,” “there is no excess mortality compared with other years or months,” and this is “no different from a normal flu season.”

Let’s see, shall we?

[The UK Office of National Statistics] data are based on what doctors responsible for a patient in their final illness write on the death certificate to the “best of [their] knowledge and belief,” and they do not take into account how recently the deceased had had a positive covid-19 test result.5 I would advise anyone therefore to trust ONS data above the government’s reporting tool. In 90% of certificates where covid-19 is recorded, it does so in part 1 as the cause contributing directly to death.6 The Nuffield Trust has issued a similar note of caution about covid-19 death statistics.7

As we know, death certification is a serious professional duty. It is done with diligence and, for deaths in hospital, is usually discussed with a medical examiner (although this step was suspended for a few months10 in the first pandemic wave in early 2020).

The personal and professional consequences of fabricating or distorting certificates would be serious, and there is no mass conspiracy or incentive, financial or otherwise, to do so. Nor is it credible that such a plot would not have been leaked by now via disgruntled whistleblowers.

Doctors treating patients with covid-19 over the past 12 months recognise a very different clinical syndrome in the sickest patients and a tide of cases of a kind, severity, and clinical course that we have not seen before. We don’t diagnose cases solely on the basis of PCR tests. Furthermore, PCR false positive rates are very low in people with symptoms and high pretest probability.714

Every time we see or hear such mistruths we need to combat them and call them out. They are used to play down the seriousness and consequences of covid-19 and undermine health protection efforts.

What I'd like to see is credible evidence that doctors are currently systematically misattributing death with covid as deaths from covid on death certificates as Khurram claimed. This is a serious accusation impugning doctors and medical examiners everywhere. Such a bold and unlikely claim demands substantial corroborating evidence if it is to be afforded any credibility.

1 hour ago, Ron Put said:

The UK currently has about 10-12% excess mortality and it's attributed not to Covid, but to the effects of the scaremongering and lockdowns, which resulted in delayed diagnosis ad treatments for serious CV and other diseases. There is more to public health policies than just Covid.

More of your scaremongering about scaremongering. This has nothing to do with excess death figures without covid on the death certificate which are always qualified with the fact that some of these extra deaths were undoubtedly attributable to things other than covid, as you yourself point out. 

--Dean 

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/new-data-confirm-pfizer-and-moderna-vaccines-bring-a-small-risk-of-heart-problems/

Lots of info and stats on mRNA vaccines and heart problems. 

"For every million doses administered to 12- to 39-year-olds, there were an extra 14.4 cases of the heart problems after the second Pfizer shot. There were 19.7 extra cases among 18- to 39-year-olds after the second Moderna shot, which is not yet authorized for children, the scientists calculated.

Most patients were hospitalized for the condition, but recovered quickly; 76% were discharged within two days. There have been no reported deaths.

The scientists also highlighted a study published last week in the New England Journal of Medicine that found that the risk of myocarditis was substantially higher after infection with the virus than after vaccination. "

• 1 month later...

Yahoo!news reports

Study saying COVID-19 vaccines cause heart inflammation that was hyped by anti-vaxxers, withdrawn due to miscalculation

·        A preprint study stated that 1 in 1,000 recipients of the COVID-19 vaccine could get myocarditis.

·        The study has been withdrawn after a miscalculation overestimated the risk of the heart condition.

·        The COVID-19 is safe to get, and there is more risk of getting myocarditis from COVID-19 than the jab.

• 2 weeks later...

“No Discernible Relationship” between Vaccines and Cases

Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8481107/

Eur J Epidemiol. 2021 Sep 30 : 1–4.
doi: 10.1007/s10654-021-00808-7 [Epub ahead of print]

2 hours ago, KHashmi317 said:

“No Discernible Relationship” between Vaccines and Cases

Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8481107/

Eur J Epidemiol. 2021 Sep 30 : 1–4.
doi: 10.1007/s10654-021-00808-7 [Epub ahead of print]

"S.V. Subramanian, the Harvard professor of population health and geography behind the paper, says the vaccine doubters are completely wrong."

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2021/10/subramanian-harvard-covid-vaccines/

>>>>>>>>>>

PS, I think it confirms Michael Rae's opinion about geographic correlation studies.

Edited by AlanPater

Hi Kurram!

Many totally vaccinated get Covid infected -- but being infected and being hospitalized -- or worse, dying -- is a different matter.  For the most part, totally vaccinated individuals who are infected have mild symptoms, are not hospitalized, and do not die.  Milf Covid may best be compared to a cold (very unlikely to kill you.)

--  Saul