How do you organize yourself?

cTpa

So,

as I already mentioned I'm following this forum the last few years and I have noticed how fast many of you can recall old studies/articles/videos/etc. in fast-reply thread about topic X. I hope my question is not too much of a chitchat but - how do you organize your "digital brain"?

I have a online-text file with all of my interests with all of the links/data and I organize myself with many tags --> with CTRL+F I'm recalling everything.

Best regards

cTpa 

cTpa,

The advantage of posting prolifically on these forums (rather than lurking :-)), is that you can use the forum's search facilities to quickly find studies or topics you or others have discussed before.  If you remember who posted about a particular study you can narrow the search by putting their name in the "search by author" field. That's how I'm able to quickly respond with relevant references.

--Dean

1 hour ago, cTpa said:

so does this mean you don't have any "filing" system for yourself and your (as an example) health links/articles/studies on your own? 

No. I use Evernote for journaling and jotting down ideas, but I don't keep any archive for health-related research. If I did I'd use Evernote. Although I'm not thrilled with Evernote, I haven't seen anything better.

--Dean