Fish and life expectancy

5 hours ago, Mike41 said:

You mean "as did quitting smoking".

😊

--  Saul

I am leery of such studies nowadays. While as a vegan I am clearly biased, fish is high in TMAO.

And then there is this:
"The study authors noted a few conflicts of interest regarding the study. For instance, lead author Dr. Michael I. McBurney consults with OmegaQuant Analytics, which is a laboratory that offers omega-3 blood testing. Dr. Harris also holds an interest in OmegaQuant Analytics.

Also, Dr. Sala-Vila received institutional research funding and support to attend professional meetings from the California Walnut Commission."

I can easily get my levels up through algae-derived DHA supplementation, but have been reconsidering the wisdom of supplementation, as stated in another thread.

11 hours ago, Ron Put said:

I am leery of such studies nowadays. While as a vegan I am clearly biased, fish is high in TMAO.

And then there is this:
"The study authors noted a few conflicts of interest regarding the study. For instance, lead author Dr. Michael I. McBurney consults with OmegaQuant Analytics, which is a laboratory that offers omega-3 blood testing. Dr. Harris also holds an interest in OmegaQuant Analytics.

Also, Dr. Sala-Vila received institutional research funding and support to attend professional meetings from the California Walnut Commission."

I can easily get my levels up through algae-derived DHA supplementation, but have been reconsidering the wisdom of supplementation, as stated in another thread.

Excellent point and one the Cleveland clinic has expressed concern about wrt heart health. FISH IS VERY HIGH IN TMAO. It could simply be an association that fish eaters tend to be more health conscious etc. I emphasize could because epidemiology strongly strongly and consistently associates fish with better health outcomes even when comparing it to vegan diets.