Just curious, anyone have a plan, or preps for global pandemic?

Gordo

Covid-19 Vaccine Survey  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Your Vaccine Status is:

• Fully vaccinated
    • Partially vaccinated
    • Not Vaccinated
  2. 2. If not (fully) vaccinated, your reason(s) for your decision (check all that apply):

• Not Applicable - I'm vaccinated
    • The rapid vaccine development process makes me distrust them
    • I'm worried about vaccine side effects
    • I don't think I'm at much risk of getting a covid infection
    • I don't believe a covid infection is a serious risk for someone like me
    • I'm waiting until the vaccines receive final approval
    • Fear of needles
    • A medical condition prevents me from getting vaccines
    • Bad reaction to the first dose of the covid vaccine
    • I already had COVID-19 and don't think I need the vaccine for protection
    • Vaccine not available where I live
  3. 3. Are you OK with having your CR forum name included on a list of members who have/haven't chosen to be vaccinated?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, mccoy said:

The duration of what? That's not very clear. ETC,

Good points.  Bill Gates is, of course,  deeply invested in promoting additional vaccines.   My point was that even a supreme vaccine-monger like Gates recognizes the distinction between  viral infection and the outcome of infection (disease),  while Alan Pater  for some reason is stubbornly  rejecting that distinction.

Edited by Sibiriak

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Sibiriak said:

Alan, common language is often imprecise and confused.   Science strives to do better.

Sibiriak, I think you had too much toilet training.

I recognized the distinction between the name of the virus and the disease when they were both named.  If this were a peer-reviewed science article, I would recognize the distinction.  I do not think my language was generally confusing to at least most people on this informal Forum.

Edited by AlanPater

8 hours ago, Sibiriak said:

The vaccines we have prevent severe disease and death very well but they are missing two key things.
First they still allow infections ("breakthrough") and the duration appears to be limited.
We need vaccines that prevent re-infection and have many years of duration.#

Hi Sibiriak!

I hadn't realized that Bill Gates was a prominent research scientist!

Thanks for letting me know this incredibly important fact.

--  Saul

On 1/6/2022 at 11:08 AM, mccoy said:

vaccines do not prevent infections, or at least, the SARSCOV2 vaccines do not do that (except the brief antibodies spike they cause).

The Possibility of COVID-19 after Vaccination: Breakthrough Infections

What We Know about Vaccine Breakthrough Infections

• Vaccine breakthrough infections are expected. COVID-19 vaccines are effective at preventing most infections. However, like other vaccines, they are not 100% effective.

I think Omicron finally got me, it was inevitable because I'm not holing up and it's spreading like crazy in my area. 

IMG-20220112-185037.jpg

Fun times ahead? Hope I get the "like a common cold" version. Loaded up on green tea extract, garlic extract, vitamin d & c, k2, zinc, reishi and cordycep mushrooms. 

2 hours ago, Gordo said:

I think Omicron finally got me, it was inevitable because I'm not holing up and it's spreading like crazy in my area. 

Didn't you already have Covid.  And a vax or two?  I've been relying only on my mask for protection and it has worked perfectly so far.  If you want I can send plans.  The material list is short just 2 rubber bands, 2 bread twisties and 1 onion bag.  Actually, that isn't entirely true I also depend on my diet of saturated fat, cholesterol and salt.

The body aches were bad, very hard to sleep, was hallucinating most of the night, but 15 hours from when it started now and I feel like it's already over.  That was no ordinary common cold!  Seems like the vaccine worked pretty decently to shorten the duration. 

7 hours ago, Gordo said:

The body aches were bad, very hard to sleep, was hallucinating most of the night, but 15 hours from when it started now and I feel like it's already over.  That was no ordinary common cold!  Seems like the vaccine worked pretty decently to shorten the duration. 

It is good to hear that you are better, Gordo.

New study shows immune system issues several months after covid, in "long covid" patients. The good news for vaccinated individuals is other studies have shown vaccination significantly cuts down on long covid risk.

"Here, we studied individuals with LC compared to age- and gender-matched recovered individuals without LC, unexposed donors and individuals infected with other coronaviruses. Patients with LC had highly activated innate immune cells, lacked naive T and B cells and showed elevated expression of type I IFN (IFN-β) and type III IFN (IFN-λ1) that remained persistently high at 8 months after infection.

In summary, our data indicate an ongoing, sustained inflammatory response following even mild-to-moderate acute COVID-19, which is not found following prevalent coronavirus infection. The drivers of this activation require further investigation, but possibilities include persistence of antigen, autoimmunity driven by antigenic cross-reactivity or a reflection of damage repair. These observations describe an abnormal immune profile in patients with COVID-19 at extended time points after infection and provide clear support for the existence of a syndrome of LC."

Immunological dysfunction persists for 8 months following initial mild-to-moderate SARS-CoV-2 infection

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41590-021-01113-x?s=09

15 hours ago, Gordo said:

Glad you're feeling better! Well yeah, vaccine may have helped... Omicron is spreading in your area?

That being said, you are pretty healthy, right?   Well, at least now you have the most protective immunity (vaccination + naturally acquired from infection). 😛  

I also recovered from COVID in less than 2 days (October 2020) and fever was gone within 1 day. My only symptoms were muscle aches, fever, and night sweats. Didn't experience any cough or loss of smell and taste. My case was the mildest in my family.

So, it's probably both... your lifestyle and vaccine.

My (very) local area has third highest rates of COVID in my city, even country I think (Wales), according to the number of cases reported today.  So many people I know are sick right now with Omicron. Number is *officially* 1,962.1 per 100K.

I've not gotten sick again with COVID again yet... but I'm starting to wonder now if I have been reinfected but just didn't realize it (as I already had COVID once before...)

My immunity is usually very good overall. I've not been ill since having COVID, but my family has been ill many times with colds since then.

Wish me luck lol. 

16 hours ago, Matt said:

My (very) local area has third highest rates of COVID in my city, even country I think (Wales), according to the number of cases reported today.  So many people I know are sick right now with Omicron. Number is *officially* 1,962.1 per 100K.

I've not gotten sick again with COVID again yet... but I'm starting to wonder now if I have been reinfected but just didn't realize it (as I already had COVID once before...)

My immunity is usually very good overall. I've not been ill since having COVID, but my family has been ill many times with colds since then.

Wish me luck lol. 

Wishing you good health Matt. 

On 1/13/2022 at 4:45 AM, Gordo said:

Glad you recovered quickly Gordo. 

Well I spoke too soon when I said I thought it was over, haha.  The severe symptoms were done in 15 hours, after that the fever and the body aches were completely gone, I felt fine.  But then it was almost like it had a second kick!  The fever and body aches never returned, but sometime on day 2 I started getting a sore throat which progressively got worse, and then severe fatigue, I was also having intermittent chest pain when breathing deep which would go away if I stretched my arms up above my head.  The chest pain only lasted one day.  The sore throat and fatigue lasted 3 days.    My wife and kids are all fine (no symptoms), they had pfizer double vax (wife triple vaxed, haha) I'm the only one that only had the >1 year old single dose J&J.  

I'm not sure which variant I got, I think omicron because onset of symptoms was 3 days after exposure (other variants have longer incubation time from what I've read).  I didn't have much coughing or sneezing or loss of taste/smell, no loss of appetite.  I was concerned about the chest pain symptom because my brother developed heart problems (arrhythmia) when he got covid recently (possibly myocarditis) but that didn't last very long, perhaps some mild inflammation of the lungs?  I don't know.

I didn't get tested until yesterday, and just got my official results back today:

Covid19-Detected.jpg

Covid19-Test-Report.jpg

Gordo, 

That's a really I interesting course of illness. Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to hear that you are now really over it and that there don't seem to be any lingering symptoms and that your family is fine. Maybe if you had gotten a booster dose you would have avoided (symptomatic) illness like the rest of your family. Who knows. 

--Dean