Is David Sinclair a hypster?

Mike41

recently to listen to something during the walks, no idea why picked the audiobook "Selling the Fountain of Youth: How the Anti-Aging Industry Made a Disease Out of Getting Old--And Made Billions" by Arlene Weintraub and if the things mentioned there about resveratrol+ are 1/5th truth then it does not matter who the person is and when (off course in conjunction with if) he became intentionally a fraudster, the whole story looks like a discovery of something that could have a potential to be sold in a various ways within a framework of "health and wellness" scamvertizing.

IMHO somehow similar to the opioid epidemy in the US and antivac movement stories, people are exploiting some psychological mechanisms during the pitch that will bring them enough customers to have a lot of money, the nature of addiction being sold plays less role than the fact it happens..

5 hours ago, IgorF said:

recently to listen to something during the walks, no idea why picked the audiobook "Selling the Fountain of Youth: How the Anti-Aging Industry Made a Disease Out of Getting Old--And Made Billions" by Arlene Weintraub and if the things mentioned there about resveratrol+ are 1/5th truth then it does not matter who the person is and when (off course in conjunction with if) he became intentionally a fraudster, the whole story looks like a discovery of something that could have a potential to be sold in a various ways within a framework of "health and wellness" scamvertizing.

IMHO somehow similar to the opioid epidemy in the US and antivac movement stories, people are exploiting some psychological mechanisms during the pitch that will bring them enough customers to have a lot of money, the nature of addiction being sold plays less role than the fact it happens..

Well said and my suspicion also. As they say, “ follow the money”. OTOH I do tend to think Luigi is sincere and his advice seems reasonable to me. Moderate fasting as he suggests makes sense in evolutionary terms. His other advice is simply based on what we see in long lived populations or blue zones. Most supplements as he claims are simply a a gamble and not a good one without very long term research which isn’t going to happen!

Edited by Mike41

• 1 month later...

He takes metformin before going to bed. The worst possible time to take metformin. Heres a glance from a study

unknown.png

Dont take metformin 5 or 6 hours before going to sleep.
---------------------
1 Neuronal autophagic pathways are turned on during sleep.

2 The autophagy system requires persistent mitochondria function.

3 Metformin impairs mito-OXPHO, via Complex I inhibition.

4 Metformin-Mito dysfunction causes a stable depletion of ATP(energy).

5 Its shown that reducing autophagy in the mouse nervous system leads to neurodegeneration.

Now i dont know if David Sinclair is aware of this or not, but he should, he really should, its basic. Also every new boom anit-aging cycle there he is with a new drug and a new fantasy story, and replicating studies from 5 or 6 years ago, that we are going to make it and reverse aging.
In my opinion is unbeliveble we are still talking about Resveratrol after 15 years. Come on, that compound is useless. Melatonin has shown to be a better SIRT1 activator than that pointless Resveratrol agent.

• 1 year later...

Update on the previously linked video. Disturbing.

At the same time though Dr. Brad Stanfield says NMN is totally useless, whereas there is some independent literature on its effects on humans.

Also, it's very strange that GSK spent 720 M without an extensive study on the validity of research. Due diligence is applied for much smaller sums.