Sign in to follow this  
Saul

Centenarian

No; not me.  I'll be 83 in June; I continue to be fully employed in the Mathematics Dept. at the University of Rochester -- I'm the oldest faculty member in the math dept; I may or may not be the oldest fully employed faculty member at UR.  I continue to do daily vigorous 36 minute exercises on one of the elliptical cross-trainers in my local gym.  I don't feel like I'm in my 80's; I feel more like I'm in my 60's.

This past Monday, on entering my gym, I ran into someone exiting who I hadn't seen for years.  His name is Howie. He recognized me at once, and was smiling.  He was an acquaintance of mine who I hadn't seen since well prior to the pandemic -- he had then been a nonagenarian.  He looked pretty much the same as he had previously -- he is short, about my height and slender.  The only noticable change in him was that he now held a cane.  I told him, you must be a centenarian.  He agreed, with a happy smile.

I believe he exercises using the pool.  He said that he'd received a tremendous reception at the pool.

Nice to see.

--  Saul

Edited by Saul
supply additional information

We all should keep it up with Calorie Restriction; it's our best bet of following Howie's example.

P.S.:  I have no ideas about Howie's diet -- i'll ask him, next time I run into him (but I don't know when that will be -- I have no idea how often he's going to the gym.

--  Saul

Edited by Saul